Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect PPM to bi.ondemand.com

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello PPM experts,

in PPM 5.0 in the item dashboard (when you are in a bucket) there is a button called "Business Obejcts Explorer". In the configuration guide for PPM5.0 on page 46, it is mentioned that not only an on-premise BO system can be connected, but also the cloud platform from sap: bi.ondemand.com.

The coinfig guide describes the steps but does not mention where I can get an SSL certificate from bi.ondemand.com to install it with STRUST. Can someone help me on this ?

thanks, Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

You can use the browser mechanisms to save the certificate for bi.ondemand.com to your PC.

I could confirm that this is working ok with Firefox 3.6 as follows:  navigate to site https://bi.ondemand.com/ then click on the certificate symbol, then "More Information" > "View Certificate" > "Details" > "Export".

Best regards,

Francesco

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello francesco,

finally i had time to continue working on the bi.ondemand connection from PPM. I followed your description and could export the certificate from firefoy, but i was not sure in which of the many formats to save it. i took the first one.

then the import to STRUST worked when choosing base64 format, but when adding it to the certificate list, i get error TRUST008 ("error at import").

Did you solve this as well ?

regards,

Johannes