cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restore Cold Backup using BRTOOLS from a disk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I want to Restore BI-PRD Full Offline Backup using BRTOOLS from a disk in a existing ( Already SAP Installed ) machine.

Now I want to restore the PRD Full Offiline Backup with different SID details mentioned below.

a) Same directory structure as the production.
b)Diferent SID
c) Different hostname and obviously the I.P

1. I have shutdown the SAP.

2. I have shutdown the database Oracle 10g.

3. I have changed the Backup Parameter in INITSID.SAP file.

4. Through user ORASID I have executed Brrestore cmd

Now we are using  brrestore -m full -b backuplog -c

Now what we need to follow to restore a system.

with regards

Anant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

You should create new control files belongs to the new SID. You can follow the system copy procedure, below;

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000416392008E.pdf

To create control file, check the title;

"5.1.1 Generating the Control File Structure"

If you apply all the steps in the guide, you'll be able to open the system with new SID on the new host. Please note that do not forget the change all profile files such as init<DBSID>.ora init<DBSID>.sap and SPFILE, under "/oracle/<SID>/<Release>/<dbs or database>"

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orkun

Thanks for replying. I have already spoken with my manager on this and saying we'll go for Backup / Restore activity not for Export / Import

Now we are using Backup tool HP Data Protector Tool to restore backup. Please guide me on this.

After this what steps i need to follow to complete recovery.( steps to be taken on source / Target system )

We have Cold Backup recently taken by Backup Team.

with regards

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> I have already spoken with my manager on this and saying we'll go for Backup / Restore activity not for Export / Import

I referred backup/restore option (homogeneous system copy), also. So, you can find all the steps in the system copy document.

You should restore the database, create the controlfile with "orabrcopy", apply the offline redologs if it is an online backup. Then open the database.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orkun,

From where I'll download "orabrcopy.sar"

Pls share link with me.

with regards

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

You can find the ORABRCOPY under the path, below;

service.sap.com/swdc -> Support Packages and Patches -> Browse our Download Catalog -> Additional Components -> SYSTEM COPY TOOLS -> SYSTEM COPY TOOLS 7.00 -> # OS independent

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (0)