Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW3.5 to BI 7.3 Security Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do we need to execute su25 as a part of SAP BW Security Upgarde or RSEC_MIGRATION alone suffice?

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Malti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malti,

You have to Run SU25 first. Later RSEC_MIGRATION.

Regards,

Ajesh.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malti,

You have to Run SU25 first. Later RSEC_MIGRATION.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh ...

Thanks for the quick Respone...

I have been going through the sdn forums and help for the upgrade from 3.5 to 7.3... and i beleive that we can directly upgarde from 3.5 to the latest version if the current auth structure is not complex...

Now, that the basis team has upgraded the BW3.5 sys to BI7.3...

The su25 has not run yet ... so it means still the old 3.5 auth concept is in place...

I have read that we need to migrate to analysis auth first and then need to upgrade the sys...

Does that mean ...

After upgrading the sys to 7.3 ,before executing SU25 and RSEC_MIGRATION we need to execute

Extras, choose  Migrations  Migration: Release 3 -> Release 7.3( directly to 7.3 ?)   ???

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Malti

Message was edited by: Malti Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi Malti,

I dont foresee any problems doing it both ways. Usual practice is to run SU25 first. This way you will fix all the technical roles. All the BI consultants will not have any problems with new authorizations if there are any new checks or objects.

As RSEC_MIGRATION is for reporting only, you can take your time to fix it in dev.

Techincal work has priority to reporting, SU25 is run first.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Suresh,Ajesh

Thnaks for your replies...

My second question is ...

I have read that we need to migrate to analysis auth first and then need to upgrade the sys...

Does that mean ...

After upgrading the sys to 7.3 ,before executing SU25 and RSEC_MIGRATION we need to execute

Extras, choose  Migrations  Migration: Release 3 -> Release 7.3( directly to 7.3 ?)   ???

Regards,

Malti

0 Kudos

Hi Malti,

I have done from 3.5 to 7.0 migrations and 7.0 to 7.3 but not 3.5 to 7.3. May I know where did you read this info ?

And where is this Extras,Choose--......... ?

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4c/ebcb871e6d5972e10000000a15822b/frameset.htm

I meant to ask that ,its been said in many discussions that a potential migrate from 3.5 to 7.3 is possible... so my query is how does it happen... unless u do first to 7.0 and then 7.3

Extras, choose  Migrations  Migration: Release 3 -> Release 7.0 and then  to -> Release 7.3...

How can we do a direct migration to 7.3 from 3.5.

If it is not possible ... what would be the approach ... to migrate to 7.3...

As our system has been already upgarded to 7.3 ... can we do the migration from 3.5 to 7.0 and then 7.3... is this the right approach?

Regards,

Malti

0 Kudos

Hi Malti,

In 7.0 use of Analysis Auths is optional and are allowed to keep the old model from 3.5. But in 7.3 new authorization concept is mandatory.

As you are already on 7.3 you will be migrating from 3.5 to 7.3 there is no two step process.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

Thanks for your replies and apologies for delay...

One question,

While performing rsec_migration we have ZAUTHOBJECTS in the list along with

S_RS_ICUBE

S_RS_ODSO

S_RS_ISET

S_RS_MPRO

Do we need to migrate all or only Z or only

S_RS_ICUBE

S_RS_ODSO

S_RS_ISET

S_RS_MPRO

Regards,