Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 SP08 MDS Server could not be mounted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Good day!

We have successfully upgraded our MDM 7.1 SP02 to SP08. But after the upgrade, i can not mound the MDM Server fom a remote client/workstation. But whenever i try mounting the MDM Server inside the Server, it seems to work fine and i was able to load our repositories too.

The error says :

"

Thanks in advanced for your inputs.

Thanks and God bless.

-Renz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renz,

It seems to be a firewall issue. Please check SAP Note # 1403423 - "MDS and MDIS fail to load using MDM Console".

WebService listens on two ports: 5<MDS Instance Number>13(http) and 5<MDS Instance Number>14 (https). For instance if MDS was installed as instance number 0 the ports would be 50013 and 50014. These ports must not be blocked by a firewall. If there are then please open the firewall for the ports

You can check the following thread also, similar with your problem:

Note: SAP MDM Server Version and MDM Clients (Console, Data Manager etc) versions should be exact same.

Hope, it will resolve your problem.. -

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Good day!

As per my ping test, i was able to ping the IP of our server from my workstation. I also checked the firewall of the server and it is turned off. I've added the necessary ports to the exception but then it did not resolved the issue.

I'm actually puzzled with the issues because i was still able to mount the MDS from my workstation before upgrading to SP08.

Any other possible scenario resulting to this issue?

Thanks and God bless.

-Renz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renz,

I am hoping that your MDM Clients (Console/DM/IM/Syn) version and MDM server version is also same.

Please let me know the following:

1. Did you try to access MDM server with IP Address?
  2. Did you restart your server after changing necessary ports? If you don't please do so by following steps:
    • Stop MDM server
    • Stop database server
    • Start Database server
    • Start MDM server
    • Then try to mount.

Hope, it will solve your problem...!!   I am looking for other solution too, I will get back to you as soon as, I got.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Good day!

Yes, i am certain that the MDM Clients i'm using is of the same version with my MDM Server.

For your points:

1. Yes i have tried mounting the MDM Server using its IP Address but still encounter the same error.

2. Yes, i have restarted the entire server not only the MDS and DB but to no avail, still encounter the same issue.

Thanks and God bless.

-Renz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renz,

Please try of the following things:

1. Uninstall MDM server and reinstall it.
  2. If reinstallation will not work then Install the previous patch of the patch, which you have installed.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renz,

Any update on your problem? Did you perform any of the steps as mentioned in above post.

Thx/- Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Good day!

I  tried re-installing the MDM server and changed the ports back to its value before the updates but then i am having issues mounting it.

I already asked the network team to check if the ports being used for communication by MDM are open/closed as per SAP Note 1359600.

MDM 7.1 SP02

MDM 7.1 SP03 or Higher

Application

Old Port #

New Port #

Top of Form

MDSBottom of Form

MDLS

MDIS

MDSSBottom of Form

Thanks and God bless

-Renz