cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities in projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1. Just wanted a scenario about when to use Internal activity & External activity in Projects.

2. Is having PP module is mandatory if we want to use Internal activity ?

3. When user wants to create his requirement under external activity or service, how he will know whether to create reservation or PR ?

regds,

Kallu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kallu Mama,

here are the answers:

1) Internal and external activities are necessary to define when you want to monitor time and cost at micro level. With WBS E, you are monitoring project at macro level. Internal activities to be used when the activities are going to be done by internal resources. External activities to be used when the activities are carried out by external suppliers or vendors.

2)No it is not mandatory

3) For your information for services, you can not create reservations but only PR.

I hope above understanding is helpful for you.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra,

In Service activity, when i put Item category as L- stock item, system is automatically creating Reservation. and i i entered Item category as N then it creates the PR. And this same thing is happening for external activity also.

My scenario is, I need few materials for my project and as a user i dont know whether to purchase it from outside or its already available.

In this case what should i do ? Do i need to create external activity or service ? Which item category ?

regds,

Kallu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask user to choose item category as stock, and choose procurement type as reservation for WBS/network.

regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kallu,

You can assign materials to the activities in order to plan the material requirments for a specific project.

System differentiates between stock items ( item category L) and non-stock items ( item category N).

Stock items are entered for material that are kept in stock ( For e.g Warehouse, Sales order,or Project stock). Reservations are generated for stock items.

While Non stock items are entered if materials are to be procured directly for he network ( that is not using MRP). Purchase requisitions are created for these non stock items. Subsequently these Purchase requisitions are passed directly to purchasing for creating of Purchase order.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks

Basically I am MM Consultant. What I want to know is How the user will know whether he needs to create reservation or PR. Does he needs check the stock availability before assigning the materials in activity ?

And when we assign the materials i have seen in other clients that, one pop up will appear after assigning the materials which has options like Reservation, PR+Resn, another 2 options. How to bring that pop up ?

regds,

Kallu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kallu Mama,

It is better that user creates reservation, so MRP woill decide to create PR or consume from available stock if any.

This popup will come if you have procurement type=F, item cat=L and option is not to create PR but only reservations.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, mahendra,

But what will happen if we don't have MRP in place ? Correct me if i am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you do not have MRP functionality in your system, basing on the release strategy being maintained in configuration settings in network profile (OPUU) system will create PRs in the system.

Firstly, material components are not attached to external activities. Its only against internal activities in the system. External activities are being used where work is being performed by external vendors.

When a component is attached to the network activity, most of the functions like procurement either internal or external or make in production are being influenced by Matera Master data settings defined at the component level.

Hope this make sense.

Regards,

Sudhakar