SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVE-IN with t-code es20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I usually use t-code EC50E to perform a move-in. But I come across  transaction code ES20 to create a contract.

We know that when we perfom a move-in (t-code EC50E) a contract is automatically created.

Wha is the difference between both transactions ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tiernno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierno,

The regular Move-In transaction is used while doing the regular MOVE-IN process for a new customer ( can be triggered via CRM as well).

ES20 is generally used by customer care executives of the client.

Regards

Sachin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierno,

The regular Move-In transaction is used while doing the regular MOVE-IN process for a new customer ( can be triggered via CRM as well).

ES20 is generally used by customer care executives of the client.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Thank you Sachin for your replay.

Can I use then ES20 to create new contract for new customer ?

I see there are less fields in ES20 than in EC50E.

What is the consequence(advantage/disadvantage) behind this, using one or another transaction ?

Thanks in advance.

Thierno

0 Kudos

Hi Thierno,

The major difference I see is, while creating a contract with ES20- you are supposed to fill each and every detail manually and you don't have the details of "Payment/Taxes" / " Dunning" tabs while doing this which are more important to have as a contract document

While in EC50E you have fool proof contract prepared with all background master data updated and well linked.

The ES20 is basically used by CRM executives with some +/- authorisation to cater the account handling.

Additionally in ES20- it doesn't have the data like Move-In date, Installation number. The data appeared on screen is under heading ' Service data" and doesn't have a 'Valid From date" as we see in regular contract created by EC50E.

In short ES20 is just CONTRACT creation, but EC50E is Move-In process which in turns creates a Live contract

I hope this will help you out.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

You cannot use ES20.  ES20 does not create all of the data.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi there,

In addition to the above valuable contributions just also add this in ur bucket regarding ES22

.Its mainly usefulu when u  have CRM integration to  see the relvant product assigned for the repsective time slice and the marketing  campaign id which gets filled from EVERH table.

There are special settings at master data level in contract node to add this tab.By this way u can provide clear visibilty of the CRM Product assigned to the contract from ISU screen

Thanks

Raj