Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating change document without approval procedure - ChaRM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm configuring ChaRM 7.1.

Some changes don't need approval procedure (administrative change), but when I assign an Administrative Change document (SMAD) to the Request for Change (SMCR) scope, the change document is not created until I approve the RfC (it's in "to be approved" status).

Other changes like Normal Change and Urgent Change require approval procedure.

SAP Note 1608118 isn't relevant because I still need to use the approval procedure for some of the changes mentioned above.

I would appreciate your help ,

Best Regards,

Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

i know this is a little bit old but i would say it is worth an answer 🙂

We do have a consulting package which includes Standard Changes in ChaRM, with a predefined set of objects which can be treated as a pre approved change.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi!

Did you find any solution?

Regards,

Pre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, that would be the way, but other cases we can change the regular workflow by action and condition profile.

Your requirement is as,

create -> set valdation, now here you are defining the scope (Whether its admin change, normal change, urgent change), if the scope is Admin change your RFC has to enable the status "Release for develpment".

If the scope is normal/urgent in the case your RFC has to enable the status "Release for Approval".

in this case, we need one action to check the scope defined on the RFC, in that action ,you can use the set status method further.

For this case you need to control your entire charm status switch only by action profile.

You can try out.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jansi,

I like the solution you have suggested, however I'm not sure how I can implement it without development...

I'm refering to your answer "in this case, we need one action to check the scope defined on the RFC, in that action ,you can use the set status method further." - I couldn't find in the conditions an expression that allows me to check the scope (if the scope is ZMAD than...).

Can it only be done by development?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Adi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can configure and status and action profile for you custom transaction type  in SPRO customizing

this is more like a CRM customizing so consult solman fuctional or SAP CRM (SERVICE)

this is a customizing and no need to go for development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you for your answer.

How do I create a condition that says: if the scope/follow up transaction is SMAD (admin change) than the the SMAD document is approved? What expression should I use?

Best Regards,

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently finished CHARM 7.1 configuration and RfC creation is not a mandatory prerequisite to create a CD. Although as recommended by the SAP process flows on http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman - an RfC is recommended before CD. But from the CHARM UI, you would have the option to create a Normal, Urgent or Admin change directly bypassing the RfC creation including the Change Approval procedure.

Are you able to view these options of directly creating the change from the CHARM UI?

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check attached screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thank you for your answer. I'm able to create CDs without creating a RfC first. I will definitely consider it in case I won't be able to find another way to solve this issue.

Regards,

Adi

p.s. how can I watch the screen shot you've attached? I couldn't see it...