cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access control default system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm trying to get access request form to show default system when starting access request form.

For that I followed note 1615552, defined rule in BRFPLUS and verified "user defaults" action is assigned to the request type.

Still, when starting access request form, the system list remains empty.

What am I missing? is my request doable? requires development? any lead would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Shai Eyal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shai:

Is the request you are creating not containing roles??  If the request contains roles, the system will be added automatically if it's needed.  There is no reason that a user has to add the system if a role from that system will be selected.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I got your point. How about defaulting role? at request creation off course? I tried note 1616092, no luck.

Any idea?

Thanks ,

Shai

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not at the creation of a request, but you can when the reqeust is approved and provisioned.  This is based upon configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, but is there a standard way for me to allow access request creation without assignment? Nortmally the user does not know which role to pick, he usually knows just the system but since we have just one system I'd prefer to spare him this selection.

Thanks kevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any chance of using Templates for assignments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Been there; customer does not wont to pass through the stages...

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Note 1615552 is for the setup of user defaults (not specifically for Default System). If you want to have system as default while creating a request, you can use Template Based Request.

Using Access Request, there is no way to to add system as default line item.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for your post, I realized that after digging through the system.

My client doesn't want the template solution since the end user would have to go through several steps just to create access request. I'm looking for a way to get the system defaulted or added while end user creates request, even if such means development. I will keep looking and notify if I found a way.

Thanks again,

Shai.

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

If you are ready for custom development or consulting services, you can check with SAP for Expertise On Demand (EoD) for your development requirements. They can check the feasibility and let you know whether this is possible or not.

You can create CSS message and check the feasibility.

If there is any other way you get, please post it for everyone's information.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj