SAP for Travel and Transportation Discussions
Fuel conversations about route optimization, customer convenience, and operational efficiency in travel and transportation using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

effective ways of filling the setup tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced this question quite a while,what are the effective ways to delete a set up table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Abhishek_Hazra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

to fill the setup tables first of all you need a system downtime or outage.

secondly, while filling it will ask for company codes,you can give multiple company codes or sales organization if you know the correct one.then it will start the jobs parallely.so, you can perform teh job in less time.
these 2 are the effective ways.

regards,

Abhi

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Abhishek_Hazra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

to fill the setup tables first of all you need a system downtime or outage.

secondly, while filling it will ask for company codes,you can give multiple company codes or sales organization if you know the correct one.then it will start the jobs parallely.so, you can perform teh job in less time.
these 2 are the effective ways.

regards,

Abhi

0 Kudos

i didnot get you, but why do we need outage at the time?

0 Kudos

hi,

as your delta queue will be activated & update will be activated at that time,if an user posts any data,it will go to set up table as a part of init/full load & again,as a part of delta update it will go to delta queue as well.so,in the bw side while extracting the data,it may cause a redundancy.

hope i have made myself clear.

regards,

Abhi

0 Kudos

yes,many many thanks

0 Kudos

you're welcome

0 Kudos

& thanks to you for rewarding the points

0 Kudos

no prob mate.
i have given some more:)

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Abhishek_Hazra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but i found a mismatch in the subject title & the body,subject says filling set up tables & body says deleting,i have given the answer for filling one,for deleting,no effective way is there,if you need the data,extract the data to bw & then clear the setup table,that's it.

0 Kudos

yeah, i asked about filling only,sorry it was my bad.

0 Kudos

no probs