cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B'cgkd Job SAP_REORG_ORPHANED_JOBLOGS not running properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team/expert

We have scheduled SAP_REORG_ORPHANED_JOBLOGS as background job on weekly basis in production client. But it  delete 1 job  once in a while that is only from 000 client..Below is details  of variant

1000    Display Only    P         

1000    Display and Check    P         

1000    Delete    P           X

1000    Maximum Size of the Selection    P           20,000

i checked SAP NOTE# 666290.it's suggesting there should be one more option   'Continue in spite of warning'  in variant. But you see no option like that.

I think we require to update the  program as per attachment in SAP NOTE# 666290.

Please suggest,,,,,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note you mentioned may be applicable for your release. Also your system seldom have orphaned jobs , thats the why the job only deletes orphaned jobs once in while.

Do you see a lot of old joblogs in the fileystem ?

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ratnajit,

OK.. I agree, we haven't much orphaned jobs
But Note says, there should be one more option" Continue in spite of warning' in variant.

and also attached 1 zip file with this note

please check...

Presently, we have

SAP ECC6.0(EHP4), Kernel release-> 701;

SAP_BASIS: Release-> 701; Level-> 0007

Database: Oracle (10.2.0.2)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The code correction is not applicable for your scenario as the report RSTS0024 already should exist. The attachment contains text elements which the code uses and is ABAP related.

You check the report which runs for the job SAP_REORG_ORPHANED_JOBLOGS and these are the variants available . The option selected  in the variant is fine . You can increase the maximum size of selection to 30000, but make sure enough memory is available .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me analyze.... I'll revert to you...