cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Configuration EDI/IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please anybody can explain me in detail Port Configuration for EDI/IDoc(T Code WE21).

please explain how can i create new port.

it's urgent please.

thanks

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi - Ref that !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dear for link

but i am naive to EDI/ALE tech i have theoritical knowledge and i want to create simple example to Interchange data.

I am so much excited to see data interchange.I want to transmit data on singlr IDES on LAN.

thanks,

RP

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

drop a mail to mailprabhu@gmail.com. got some docs and hope it shud help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

RP,

I guess the link given by Shabz explains every thing in detail.

Just follow the steps in that blog.

If you still find problem, post us the exact problem.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, Prabhu

please tell me more about "Activating standard task"

and help me to define PORT and RFC.

upto this i have followed you doc and everything is perfect.

reply me soon

thanks

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

to create a RFC goto T/C Sm59 and create a RFC type TCp/ip then

go to t/c code we21 and create a port while creating a port it asks RFC name give the RFC name createdin above step.

hope this clear

please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RP

Standard task is to trigger mails to SAP mail box depending on IDoc status. While checking the process code using RBDMOINC you will get a standard task number. This is some what related to work flow mail triggering which can be ignored now. Apart from that you can refer to previous post in this thread for creation of Port and RFC

regds

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

thanks i have created Port now i am confused in RFC plz help

i have to transmit data from one client to another (or is it possible to transmit under single client)

and wats that directory(phisical and Logical)

thanks,

RP

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the physcial path will ur be application server path where the file resides. you can check with al11....if it goes wrong check with ae11. i forgot the TC for appl.server view

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear R P

If ur post is replied do acknowledge and close the thread by awarding points to all helpful replies to the SDN memebers who had spend time in providing useful tips . If u still face some issue keep us posted.

regds

Prabhu

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

click on the create icon and enter a port name. if u r suing a physical directory specify the path and the file name accordingly. in the tab oputbound trigger specify the RFC detiantion. if not created give a name and in sm59 transaction create the rfc destination with the name defined in the port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I am bit confused

actully i want to create a simple example to Interchange Data through IDoc using EDI/ALE so would u help me to configure and define all steps.

I have IDES on LAN so plz provide details of RFC,directory name and all mandatory foelds.

thanks

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First create RFC destination and assign RFC destination while creating the port.

Follow this link...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RP,

STEP 1 : create a logical system step in bd54.

step 2: create an RFC destination .

Step 3 : creae a port we21 slect the RFC and logical system created above

please see page 6 of this doc which as example with figure

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4a...

please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreeram,

thaks for steps but dear I am naive to the technology i have theoritical knowledge and i want to create simple example for EDI/ALE.

I am using IDES on LAN.

i would be thankful to you if u provide me step by step for creating simple senario.

thanks,

RP