Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not identified during solman upgrade from 7.0 ehp1 to 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I

have been trying since 4 days with solman upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 but unfortunately the upgrade program(solmanUP) is not detecting files during "INST/STD with upg CD" i have attached installation screenshots just for referece.

Just explaining steps that i have performed.

we have two system landscape for solution manager,

SMD (development)

GSM(Production)

I have selected files from solutionmanager from (GSM) for SMD using MOPZ. once the calculation done then i have downloaded these files and kept in a download folder and then extracted to EPS/IN.

Step2.

I have also downloaded all upgrade DVDs from Installations and Upgrades - S" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 - UPGEADE.

Kindly note: solman up also downloaded from here.

step 3. Extracted all DVD's and kept under download directory (D:\download_7_1)

Step 4 Extracted solman up sar files and placed SOLMANUP directory under \usr\sap\<SID>\

Step 5 Ran STARTUP.BAT from the SOLMANUP folder using command prompt

Step 6 STDGUI from the same above location but from exe folder.

Step 7 created administrator user and password in the first screen from the upgrade program

Step 8 given upgrade keyword as per note 1462137 and also i had given download directory as D:\download_7_1

Step 9 in the netscren it prompted for kernel DVD (the dVD location was givenas D:\download_7_1\kernel (Win_x86_64)

step10  in the next screen primpted for export DVD ( i had given DVD numbers)

step 11 in the next screen i have provided language DVD

step 12 in the next screen i have provided STACK.XML file

Step 13 system selected to include few componenets (cts_plug, ST_ICO, ST_QCA, ST_SER, ST_TAO)

step 14 in th next screen i have provided EHP key word

Step 15 in the next screen screen the phase (add-on selection INST/STD with upg CD) showing few components to make a decesion with patch levels.

but when i am selecting any of these patches the program is not identifying any files.

am i doing correct here.

do i need to dowload upgrade files from following location (apart from MOPZ downloads) Installations and Upgrades - S" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 - UPGEADE.

my stack files are correct that are downloaded from MOPZ?

please help me... i am stuck here..

i am currently running this in SMD(development) system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are doing the correct thing.

Can you please check if the permission for the file in EPS/in are correct.

Start the roadmap step from the beginning .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajith

I tried the same several times but still i am getting same screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

please help i am stuck

I tried redowloding the files but still the files are not detected by upgrade program..

Thanks in Advance.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you put all the additionally downloaded files into the installation directory and try from the beginning .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue was identified and it was due to expired maintanace certificate.

i just maintaned new certificate in slicense and now the upgrade program is running fine..

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (0)