cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order create/change line item with reference to contract - Open quantity not getting deducted for copied line item from the contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Please provide some valuable inputs for the following scenario:

When a sales order line item is created(VA01) or changed(VA02) with reference to a Contract the open quantity is deducted in the contract which is a standard functionality. If the referenced line item is copied (custom enhancement to copy line item), then for the copied line item the open quantity is not getting deducted instead ATP quantity i.e. Available-to-promise is deducted.

Any inputs on how we can fix this functionality i.e. deduct the open quantity from the contract for the copied line item?

P.S. : Custom enhancement to copy line item is working fine, but open quantity is not getting deducted if the copied line item was referenced to a contract.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Message was edited by: sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandep,

Let me see if I understand this.  You have created a custom enhancement, it doesn't work the way you want it to work, and you want us to tell you how to fix it?  Is that what you are asking?

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dogboy 49,

Thanks for the response,

The custom enhancement was to copy the selected line item in a sales order.

When one creates a line item with reference to a contract the open quantity is deducted from the contract. Now if someone copies this referenced line item, i need to deduct the open quantity for the copied line item too.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Yes, that was my original interpretation.  I was having a hard time believing that someone would ask such a question. 

I guess, then, that you already know that you will have to add this logic to your enhancement. You should create your specifications and hand them off to a developer; ideally the one who created this enhanced solution in the first place.

I do not provide advice in these forums about details of enhanced solutions.  Perhaps one of the other members will be more willing to do your work for you.

Best Regards,

DB49