SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a derivation rule for fund centers and commitment items

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have created fund centers and commitment items hierarchies. Fund center name matches the cost center that is 1:1 relation. For commitment items i have also kept 1:1 relation, one commitment item for every expense GL . Now i am stuck in customizing "Allocation to account assignment from other components". In select derivation steps i have copied "

Cost element for commitment item" & "Cost center/cost element for commit item/funds ctr/fund/functional area" . Now in define account assignment derivation i can see these two copied there. Now what is next step , i want a derivation rule in which system should automatically derive commitment item as soon as i enter a cost element , same thing for cost center , its fund center should be derived automatically.

In create step i have 7 different steps like derivation rule,table look up e.t.c . Which one i should select and what should be the process . I have read SAP help but its not containing any example that could clarify the basic process to follow.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You want a derivation rule in which system should automatically derive commitment item as soon as you enter a cost element.

Create a derivation rule with source field as Cost Element and Target Field as Commitment item. Or you can activate the Function Module "Reading Commitment item from GL Master Data". But make sure you assign the commitment item in the GL master under "Create/Bank/ Interest".

2) You want same thing for cost center , its fund center should be derived automatically.

Create a derivation rule with Source field as Cost Center and Target Field as Fund Center.

Regards,

Dhruv

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You want a derivation rule in which system should automatically derive commitment item as soon as you enter a cost element.

Create a derivation rule with source field as Cost Element and Target Field as Commitment item. Or you can activate the Function Module "Reading Commitment item from GL Master Data". But make sure you assign the commitment item in the GL master under "Create/Bank/ Interest".

2) You want same thing for cost center , its fund center should be derived automatically.

Create a derivation rule with Source field as Cost Center and Target Field as Fund Center.

Regards,

Dhruv

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks i have done it but i want to ask whats the use of other steps like table look up, assignment e.t.c in create area. Can you please tell me how to activate "Reading Commitment item from GL Master Data" .FMDT_READ_MD_ACCOUNT_COMPANY is it this you are talking about. Where can we activate it.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

Just go to FMDERIVE.................select the create area.............under that select "Function Module"....

Then select Function Module Name...........FMDT_READ_MD_ACCOUNT_COMPANY and select enter.

Give it a name what you want................In the Source field make sure that Company Code and Accoutn Number is Maintained.............and in the target field make sure that commitment item is maintained...........Save it...........It is activated by default...

As far as your query when to use table look up and assignment................I can only say that it all depends on how you want to work with your derivation.

Regards,

Dhruv

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks for guidance.

Regards