cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give read only access to SAP MII 12.1 Workbench??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

can anybody help me?? how can i give read only access to SAP MII 12.1 workbench, so that developer cant do following

1. cant manually execute transaction in quality system

2. can delete transaction in quality system

3. can modify existing transaction in MII workbench??

Please suggest if you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Mahesh,

SAP MII administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michael, thanks for your reply.

same question i have asked them why they need this access in quality system's workbench, but they want to check transports in quality system's workbench. whether BASIS has transported the objects at correct place or not n quality system. and more over they have asked same access in production system as well... which is not acceptable at all. and reason is same, they want to check transport thats it.

i have created one role by which developers cant delete, cant modify, cant save any transactions in quality system but they manually run any transactions. up to this everything is perfect for quality system.  but if i give same authorization in production system, then any developer can manually execute transaction and disturb whole process, because transactions are already schedule in production system.

Please help me if you have solution. my final solution will be, not to give any access in production and read only access in quality system.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Mahesh, I do not have a solution for you.  I am hoping someone with more security experience will respond.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

This sounds like an interesting option.

Can you advise which roles/actios you assigned to give readonly access to the workbench

thanks

Amrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I have not tried but got below details from MII help may be you are already aware of them.

Screen/Utility

Action Name

Access

Workbench All

XMII_Workbench_all

All editors and System Info service

Xacute Development

XMII_Workbench_transaction_editor

Read and write transactions

Xacute Runtime

XMII_Workbench_transaction_test

Run transactions

Access the SAP MII Workbench using a URL

Hope it helps!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Why do the developers need to see the workbench at all in the quality system if they aren't allowed to do anything?  I would only let them see copies in a dev environment.

Perhaps you can explain further what you are trying to accomplish?

Regards, Mike