cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group, sort and remove duplicates in WWI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to display data from multiple VATs on MSDS report, sorted and no duplicates. Is this possible? I know you can use conditional text [] but this is only for within same VAT. Please help.

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David

some "similar demand has been discussed here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2128108

I believe it will not be easy to define criteria like: what is a "duplicate"? how to sort (which should come first etc.) and the solution will be "tricky" and not easy to understand and to maintain it and if necessary enlarge it taking into account other WWI templates etc.

Personally I prefer that the user should "sort" avoid "duplicates" etc. and not by using WWI layout techniques.

With best regards

C.B.

PS: what is a "duplicate" ? if you can answer this question you should use (in my opinion) standard EH&S user exits, badis etc. which will "fire" (or could fire) during save etc. if user is trying to enter" duplicates"; so you avoid WWI programming; the same is true regardin sorting: by using an User Exit you can do (in theory) a mass update on property tree and "sort" your VATs and avoid "tricky" WWI programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris!

To clarify, we are trying to combine and display hazard symbols, R phrases and H codes from multiple different list_subs into Section 16 of the msds. Will using a Method work in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It depends how you want to display the data. If you want to create a list like R1, R2, R3, .... you can do this using a function module. If you want to do it in the form of a table, I assume it is not possible.

There is a demo function module C128_DUMMY_CONVERSION_METHOD you can check to have the correct parameters.

Note that you can only move 132 characters to the template using such a function module...

The logic to collect the correct data from the different tables I'm sure you can find out....

Kind regards,

Luk

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David

SAP is providing a standard WWI symbol to print r phrases "exactly" in the logic you are requiring it in chapter 16. In this FORUM the OSS note is mentioned. I did not found it but I know it has been mentioned. This solution is available I believe since 5 years?  PLease check SAP marketplace.

To my knowledge the solution exists to print "r phrases" only; but it is clear that you could "copy" that to print H phrases as well: I am not sure if the SAP standard provides sorting etc. but to my knowledge it provide to remove duplicates of R phrases and it might aim as a good starting point for your requirement.

With best regards

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This OSS note helped Note 1392418 - Phrase collector: Output of collected phrases

But now I'm having problem with blank compressing the empty records. Here is the scenario, there were 12 R phrases but 2 duplicates, report is able to display 10 R-phrases (without duplicates), but follows by 2 extra blank lines.

Answers (0)