cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intra Company STO billing issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are setting up Stock transfer order process in our project .  While we have billing in case of inter company STO , do we do billing in Intra company STO ( transfer of goods between two plants of the same company ) as per Standard SAP . If Yes, How do we achieve it ? Pl advice.

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In intra company stock transport, billing may  only be necessary if you want to capture transportation cost, for example, if a third party transport service provider transports the goods and the company needs to pay for it, then you need a billing document to capture the freight cost. This can be achieved by creating a copy control settings between the replenishment delivery document type and billing document in t.code VTFL.

Regards,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement  if you want to bill another plant treat as customer and use standard,if you dont want this sale to post to accounting use proforma.Or If you want to take bill as original but dont want to post to accounting create new billing type and remove the account determination proc in that billing type,So that accounting will not hit.

Confirm if you requirement not fulfill or give me little bit more clarity on your requirement.

DVNR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u have to invoice for STO,Because anything(manufactured inside the plant) which goes outside is to be invoiced.the supplying plant invoice the receiving plant the receiving plant capture the excise duty and utilize it.

its like standard process only

PO from the receiving plant

SO from the sending plant

delivery/PGI

invoice

MIGO(by receiving plant)

excise captured

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

yes PROFORMA invoice is needed in INTRA company sto process.

And one more thing IF ur using own transport also u need proforma invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

any further inputs ? Pl share.

Regards

Arun

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about interstate transports requirements and I assume you are working in Indian scenario. I am not sure on what documents the transporters should carry other than BOL and packing lists (may be related to Excise?). I never worked on Indian implementations. So check with your business users on documents requirements ,then decide on whether you need a billing document or not.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it mean that We don't need to do billing, if we are using own transportation vehicles to do delivery ? Is this logic is applicable  even if the plants are situated in two different states of the country  ?

Regards.

Arun