cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development of a new MII application to run over a Mobile Device with Win CE 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am here one more time to ask for some help and maybe to contribute with this forum.

I have to develop a new application to a mobile device with Windows CE 5.0 (using the MII 12.2.2 server),  I have tryed to run another application that executes a lot of javascripts (ajax) in a IRPT page, and it did not work on the mobile device. It seems that I will have to avoid javascript in the new application, isn´t it ?

Could you drive me to the right technology that I have to use in this new development ? I need to use the same server of SAP MII, it is a Netweaver 7.3 Java dedicated to the MII solutions at this customer.

Should I create a WebDynpro Java application, a native java web application or just JSP pages on MII Workbench ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When dealing with mobile browsers what features you get can really be a crapshoot, even with the same version across different devices. You could research some other "industrial" browser options that may give you more functionality but on older OS these are not typically free.

WebDynpro may be overkill for a typical mobile app (GI GR GM etc) and you still may run into some issues with features not supported. Sometimes its a bit tricky to get it to cooperate with barcode scanners.

JSPs and/or irpt pages using forms(the old fashioned way!) and servlet tags typically work fine across even the most basic mobile browsers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, thank you.

So I believe the best way is to develop with IRPT pages in order to keep in the MII development way.

Do you have some tutorials about development with this kind of pages ? for a while I jjust developed with html, javascript and ajax to call the xAcuteQueryes