Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory parameters in ECC 6.0 EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have installed ECC 6.0 EHP 5 system.

DB : MS SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise edition.

Attached is the instance profile of our DEV system.

As of now we are facing no memory issues, but I want to TUNE the system so that we dont face any issues at later point of time as well.

Also RAM on DEV is 16 Gigs while on PRD is 96 Gigs, so I assume memory parameters on DEV and PRD shall be doifferent values ??

I have found few notes related to memory management and read them deeply with explanation of every memory related parameter, but just want to make sure if a new installation shall be supplied with these parametres or default values of these parameters shall be OK ?

Please provide your comments.

Cheers !

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres a whole 5 days course about this, I recommend you to take it.

ADM315 Workload Analysis

Regards,

Juan

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The best way to tune an SAP system running on Windows OS , is to use the SAP provided automatic memory management feature. If you need to run an SAP instance say with 10GB memory (leaving aside memory for other applications and OS) , the set the parameter PHYS_MEMSIZE to 10G and SAP kernel  will automatically tune the other parameters. 

Please follow the documnetation of PHYS_MEMSIZE in tcode RZ11.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

last time I saw a windows installation is quite a long time ago, but shouldn't there be a kind of automatic memory management function?

Kindly check the following notes

88416 - Zero administration memory management for the ABAP server

146289 - Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shobhit profile which you have attached does not contain any memory parameters . If possible reply with memory parameters and we can have a look.

Regards

Amit

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You' re right, the parameters will  have to be modified to fit in 16Gb of memory.

I would consider the following memory amounts :

4Gb for OS

4Gb for Database

and finally 8Gb for you SAP application server.

I've had a look at the profile supplied but there is no parameter related to memory, most of them are related to the number of processes.

Still you can use these parameters for you DEV system.

Best regards,

Steve.