cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption difference in ECC and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my system, the forecast consumption in ECC and APO are not equal. I am using the standard requirement strategy of 20 and both backward and forward consumption. In ECC, 1st week of May forecast consumption is much lesser than that in APO for a particular product. In 2nd week of May also the forecast consumption in ECC is lesser than that in APO but the difference is less. But the forecast consumption in 3rd week and 4th week of May are equal. So can anybody let me know why the forecast consumption is not equal.

The forecast is getting released to both APO and ECC on adhoc basis and for this particular product it was last released on 08 May from the May month onwards.

Thanks & regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tor_holter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Product View under tab Forecast is the column for 'Withdrawal quantity' gone?

Somehow ERP is able to keep track of this but APO is not.

Regards,

Tor

tor_holter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I may be experiencing the same thing.

From MD04 open the forecast and you will see a withdrawal qty. That is the quantity actually delivered and not the consumption as such. You will see the consumtion qty wich is the same as open sales orders/deliveries.

In APO the withdrawn qty is not taken into account so the forecast in APO is this much higher.

If that is your situation and you have a solution please let me know. 🙂

I am not sure if I should change the way we transfer forecast everey Sunday and get rid of forecasts in the past. Now we just run RLCDELTE of all old stuff. But perhaps should just run MD74.

But that should not affect the forecast element on the Monday.....

We have just started transferring the forecast to ERP as well. It is not part of IM/CIF.

It is jsut in ERP for visualisation.

But perhaps I should have an IM for "Requirement Reduction".

Regards,

Tor