Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Converting Auction/RFx bids to SRM Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently in SRM 7.0 with Extended Classic scenario,

I have directly created Auctions from Strategic Purchaser and invited Bidders for Live Auction.

Purchaser have select the best Bid Price which is submitted by Suppliers and while trying to

convert the Bid to create Purchase Order, getting following error as

1. No account assignment exists; enter an account assignment

2. Select a location that is assigned to the plant chosen Display Help

3. Enter at least one partner of type Location Or Goods Recipient

4. Enter at least one partner of type Location Or Goods Recipient

5. Error in account assignment for item 1

In Bid, there is no options to provide Account assignment, locations and so on,

Whether i need to do any configuration settings or to apply any SAP Notes.

I'm getting the same error when i tried to convert the RFx bid to create Purchase Order.

Note : I can able to create Purchase order from Auction/ RFx bids, if the preceding document is from Shopping cart.

Do any one encountered this issue, if so please share the steps to resolve

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Appu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you create a SRM PO as follow-on document for a Bid, errors resulting from creation of PO are shown but the PO itself is created in SAVED status and its number is shown on the Bid UI.

Could you check again if the PO is created?

Goto Tracking tab on Bid Invitation or Bid and check for the PO document number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

This works for Extended Classic scenario and how it will work for Classic scenario. Can you please confirm.

I'm having generic questions on Creating Auction/RFx, please correct me if i'm wrong.

In my Point of View, Scenario 1 - Strategic Purchaser creates Auctions/RFx directly from the Known requirements (Office supplies, stationery, Services) without preceding document (Shopping Cart) and Convert the Bid to Contract. The Contract can be used as Source of supply for all requirements.

Scenario 2 -Strategic Purchaser creates Auctions/RFx with reference to preceding document (Shopping Cart) and Convert the Bid to Purchase Order.

Please confirm,

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Appu

Former Member
0 Kudos

From RFX / Auction , a PO or a contract or a PO and Contract  can be created as a follow-on document.

It all depends on the business process.

In the case of Classic scenario, if a PR / SC is used to create a  RFX/Auction then all the Cost assignment details/Plant etc are taken from PR/SC and passed on to classic PO.

Please let me know if this clarifies.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the default plant in extended attribute and default account assignment data in org structure for the user.

With Regards,

Malay