cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes on sample sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am working on a sample sale scenario, and business requirement is client will not charge any amount to customer.

As per excise and tax laws, excise and tax should get paid from manufacturer.

I have added one new condition with 100 % discount in pricing for total amount and assigned a new account key to it.

Created new document type, assigned a new ZFOC item category.

But Taxes are getting posted in receivables against customer.my client is using TAXINJ procedure so excise conditions are also having condition class TAX 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes statutory rule says, you have to levy excise duty and tax even if you send samples to your customer.  But it is upto the Business to decide whether to levey or not and accordingly, you can take a call.

If you dont want to debit, you have to assign the special G/L Account in VKOA for sample sales, OB40 for tax and Logistics-General for Excise.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathi

Can you please elaborate your suggestion in detail .

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope following SDN threads based on similar kind of requirement would be helpful to you in your understanding or reference:

- http://scn.sap.com/thread/1166377

- http://scn.sap.com/thread/1104450

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have to done Account Determination for the Account Key assigned to 100% Discount Condition type?

You need to assign GL Account like Customer Discounts or Sales Promotion etc in VKOA.

Also in the Item Category (VOV7) have you set the Pricing as Blank or B - Pricing for free goods (100% discount)

Also in the Pricing Procedure, against the 100% Discount Condition Type, have you assigned Requirement 55 & Alternative Formula for Condition Base Value as 28?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh

If billing relevance is blank then how item will get invoiced?

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Tanveer ,

As per the govt rule we cant do that

Regards

Ramesh

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer ,

Or else u can do the settlement through Credit Note

As u know excise is mandatory so that u have to pay to Govt.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

for time being we have suggested credit memo process but client need it in single process.

keeping pr00 statistical will not solve my problem.

requirement is posting zero value in receivables and tax amount should get posted in tax and excise GL'S and price of material should get posted in Sample sale GL

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer ,

Do one think make the PR00 condition type as statistic

If u not got solution plz let me know

Regards

Ramesh