Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Alert to distribution list

quark_george
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have alert for an interface. I created a distribution list PILIST in SWBP.  I defined an user EMAIL type A (dialog) and I inserted into email PILIST@company.com.  In ALRTCATDEF, under fixed recipients, I inserted the user EMAIL. If I test the alert with report  RSALERTTEST or if I send message wirh error, the distribution list don't receive mail. I tx SCOT I see just one message to mail address PILIST@company.com and not one for every address of DL.

If I send a message from sbwp to DL, every user recive a mail.

In RWB I have unchecked the "Suppress multiple alerts of this rule" checkbox.

Anybody  can help me?

Thanks

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create a dialog user in SU01 with email address as PILIST@company.com and communication method as E-mail.

And mention the user ID ( what you created in SU01) under Fixed recipients in ALRTCATDEF.

This should work.

quark_george
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't use the role because some users are not Sap user. 

Can I use the distribution list of SBWP to send message from ALRTCATDEF? It's possible?

Thnaks

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The best and easiest way to send emails to DL is , in the recipients section of ALRTCATDEF put your user. Then , in SU01 maintain the DL list email id under your user email. Make sure you are added to the DL.

Secondly, if you are not getting email in inbox when failing a message in real time, check that the ALERT service is active , SLOG, SALRT1 and destinations pointing to Central Alert Server and ALM Client etc are the few places you might want to check . Usually RSALERTTEST will send the message to your inbox but at times the ALERT service is not active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerorge,

If you are sending alert using ALRTCATDEF and you intend to send alert to multiple recepient, then why don't you configure recepient via user role insted of using DL.

Ask your BASIS team to create user role and assign that user role to the alert category, you have created.

Thanks & Reagrds,

Samir

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I think it should be fixed if you defined the distribution list PILIST@company.com directly in the mail server, instead of SBWP.

Regards,

Greg