cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re:- Dialog instance installation on Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When I try to install dialog instance SAP 47 EE (on the same box as the central instance), I am getting the following errors

The 'saploc' share exists in directory 'E:/usr/sap'. Choosing drive E: as the SAP system drive.

<b>ERROR 2007-02-12 10:49:26

FJS-00003 TypeError: f has no properties (in script InstallationScript_74, line 10116: ???)</b>

WARNING 2007-02-12 10:49:26

The step dSetupSubcomponentsDI with step key SAPSYSTEM_DI|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseSystem|windows|ind|mss|ind|ind|0|dSetupSubcomponentsDI was executed with status ERROR.

I do not understand the meaning of this error. Any clues to help me out.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I finally manage to solve it. The CI was installed under domain user account and we are trying install DI of local installation with local admin account. Even though the local admin was given rights in the domain global admin, still problem was existing.

To make the problem worst, from the logs we can not figure what SAPinst trying to do. Hopefully SAP improves the error tracing capability.

Thanks for all who have supported and provided valuable feed back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

Normally this shoud not be an issue. I just hope two things.

1. Correct authorizations are in place for <sid> users.

2. You have brought down both CI and DB at the time of dialog instance installation.

Please confirm all these things.

Also can you paste the contents of sapinst.log in detail. ideally the last few lines culminating in this error.

I hope youu have space in saploc directory for proceeding with DI installation as well.

Also please check OSS note 171929 for this purpose. Also SAP note 668607 states that Do not use network drives for CDs / DVDs.

Do not use network drives, when you copy installation

CDs / DVDs manually to local hard disks. Please make sure that you have done this.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

I may be wrong but I dont think that you need to select any other drive for dialog instance. /usr/sap while be followed by <sid> which will be same for both CI and DI.

Hi Rajendran,

Are you trying this installation using <sid>adm or using adminsitrator. Try doing this using <sid>adm.

Please award points if answers were useful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your response. I tried using <SID>adm Id and administrator Id. In bot the cases i am getting the same error

The 'saploc' share exists in directory 'E:/usr/sap'. Choosing drive E: as the SAP system drive.

FJS-00003 TypeError: f has no properties (in script InstallationScript_74, line 10116: ???)

Any other suggestions ....pl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you install Dialog instance, it will be prompt for usr/sap location, give any other drive letter other than the one used for CI.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajendran,

Your new dialog instance is trying to create a share point named 'saploc' for filesystem 'E:/usr/sap.

You are getting this error cause the share point already exists at OS level.

<i>Warning: Removing the share point 'saploc' could disturb the working of your central instance.</i>

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

<i>'Award points for useful information'</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you elaborate on steps to rectify this issue. How do i go about from here in resolving this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Saploc is nothing but the usr/sap directory which will be created when you install SAPINSTkernel. this will hold instance specific data and cannot be shared.You are trying to install the kernel (i.e usr/sap for dialog instance) in the same drive as Central instance. Use some other drive for this.

Hope this works

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your feedback.

But when i try to install dialog instance, SAPinst is not asking installation drive. It automatically selects (E:\usr\sap - > which is my installation for central instance) and the selection box is greyed out (meaning i am not able to change).

I am trying to install dialog instance on the same box as the central instance.

Any other soution for this .........

Thanks