cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using the interactiveForm UI element to display a PDF

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using the interactiveForm UI element in Web Dynpro ABAP to display a PDF form that is generated via a smartform (I guess you could call it non-interactive as we also do not use ADS here). This works fine on most pc's here but we have found that it is not working on a 64-bit pc that is using 32-bit IE and Adobe Reader 9.4 under Windows 7. The PDF simply does not display and does not produce an error message.

We recently installed the latest version of the ACF as we are also using the officeControl UI element. I do not know if this is a factor as I do not know if our interactiveForm uses ACF (I suppose it must do but I'm new to this so do not know how to check). I've seen mention of ZCI on OSS Notes but I would not have thought we can use that as we are generating the PDF via a smartform, not using an existing PDF.

Can anyone help please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I've just realised the significance of the 'enabled' property on the UI element. This indicates that the form is interactive and will use the ADS. In our case it is unticked (which is the default) so our form is most definitely non-interactive.

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a glance on browser settings, and also test in different browsers.

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

well it is unlikely to be browser settings since we all use the same settings here. Thanks for your reply.