cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SAP PS and Primavera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,
       My client wants me to substantiate of how SAP PS is Better than Primavera...

As of my knowledge i have prepared these points..

1)Primavera is a piece of software that helps, supports companies to work in a project environment this is only advantage.Where as ,SAP is ERP system that can support all aspects of  company FI, CO, PP, etc, and we can use many master  data from other modules in PS.

2)Since SAP PS part of mySAP ERP, we will be able to bring together the triple constraints, such as time, cost and resource on a real time basis, which is not possible in other project management tool.Controlling of Project Management from the financial point is only possible through ERP. especially budget control.

3) Monitoring the real time data also possible through SAP PS.

4) Major advantage with SAP PS is integration with other modules.

Is anything there to addition of above points.If there please share or else any documents related this please share..

Its a Burning urgent......

By

Suma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Its a misconception that Primavera cannot handle triple constraints. Am posting some screenshots. No PM application is complete if it cannot handle these three time, cost, resource.

Adding to your list Primavera has the ability to plan, monitor, control risks which is absent in PS. Primavera enables you to plan your project based on three point estimation which is not possible with SAP PS networks. These are just a few pointers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Comparision of similar kind of programs would always inveitable and can not avoid.

Suma as you said clearly, major advantage of PS is having an integration with other modules and real time data flow across the system and can be seen.

Primavera and MS Project these are the tools used for project scheduling and monitoring in detailed way which PS module does not have.

If you are familiar with MS Project/Primavera and hands on experience with SAP PS, certainly you will understand the advantages and dis-advantages being offered these packages.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

hi suma,

if you have any doubts regarding in sap project system you can ask here experts will help you in solving your query. this forum is not for doing comparison between sap with other erp. so please close this thread