cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

I Have small confusing here if i want to know how many sales orders created for one particular customer ?

it va05 or va05n

thank  you so much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can the details by using the T.Code "VA05N / VA05".

The same details you can get by using the table "VBAK".

Please search in the forum before posting these basic queries.

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check va05 and also u can check in table t-code se11

table name vbak.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how many sales orders created for one particular customer ?

An advise for the long term is use SAP tables & SE16N.

E.g.

For this requirement, go to SE16N, give table name VBAK,

In field KUNNR (Sold To party) give customer number and execute (F8)

Build this practice, it shall help.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually this is not a good advise. VA05 is using an index table VAKPA that has Partner Nr. as primary key. So when selecting by Sold-to number, performance will be much better than with VBAK table.

Just for getting the record count Data Viewer (SE16 etc.) is probably the best since it has 'Number of entries' button (no need to "execute" actually), but normally business users do not have access to it in Production.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for bringing up "primary key" and performance!

You have pointed out a table better suited for a particular search. On a general note I encourage the thread owner to use and remember the - commonly used - standard SAP tables via SE16N.

1) My (earlier) advice was to use SE16N and tables, as it have helped me immensely.

2) For a "budding" consultant, learning and practicing with standard tables is important. As SAP stores information in tables.

3) in SE16N, we have the option of button "Number of entries" and getting information with various selection criteria (for billing, delivery, partner functions etc. via tables) is easy.

You have mentioned this too.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check both the transactions in your system? You can raise a thread if you find any difference in data for the same customer executing these two transactions and if you have any other questions on these two transaction.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VA05 will work even in ECC6.  VA05N will ONLY work in ECC6