Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Enter action for select options fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using standard component wdr_select_options for selection screen fields

I am displaying  selection field  From and To , after selecting values on enter of the selection field i want to perform some action how can we achieve that?

How to assign action to selection field

Any body having any idea about this....

Regards

Santhosh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

HI,

With this ON_ENTER action , how can I determine which is the exact selection field used. For eg: I may have several input fields and I need to know exactly on which of these fields the ENTER action was clicked on.

Regards,

Herwin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

If u solved above query.. Pls close this thread...

Regards,

Venkat

former_member210621
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

You can define events for a component controller to allow cross-controller communication. 

These events can then be triggered using the predefined method FIRE_<MY_EVENT>_EVT.

Once the event is triggered, the corresponding event handler is automatically called in another controller by the runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santhosh,

->Go to view->Methoda tab

->Enter the method name and select 'Event Handler' In Method Type tab. Dont mention any description -> Go to events tab click their  then u will get F4 help select it ten select the  ON_ENTER select_options Event.

->Go to your method and write the code u want....

->After entering select-options  press on enter then it automatically executes u r method....

OVS:-

-> Create the method same like above but in f4 help select ON_OVS event....

After that in coding mention like below..

* add a new field to the selection

wd_this->m_handler->add_selection_field( i_id = 'PSTEXT'
                                           it_result = lt_range_table
                                           i_read_only = lv_read_only
                                           i_value_help_type = if_wd_value_help_handler=>co_prefix_ovs ).

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the view you have to define ON_ENTER event in method tab.

You have to create a method of event handler type and then select the ON_ENTER event from F4.

Then you can write your own logic.. It will trigger in this method..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can i get the reference of standard componenet select options input field F4 help

i m using standard data element so it has standard search help attached, it will automatically gives F4 help.

If it is OVS componenet F4 help i can  call the method.

It would be much helpful if you can provide me few steps how can we achieve that...

Regards,

Santhosh.