cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while running brbackup command in Windows machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Title - Error while running brbackup command in Windows machine.

We have a windows machine and Oracle 9.x, until last week the brbackup has worked without any issues. Now, when i run the brbackup command manually, i get the following error. I think the issue is in Tivoli Storage Manager but not sure.

BKI2027I: Using TSM-API version 6.1.3.0 (compiled with 5.5.0.0).

BKI2000I: Successfully connected to ProLE on port tdpr3ora64.

BKI0005I: Start of program at: 05/18/12 09:34:05 .

BKI4008E: File '\\_tdp4sap_prole.0' cannot be opened. Reason:  errno(22)  The device does not recognize the command.

BKI2024E: Error in connection to ProLE.

BKI9204E: Additional support information: An exception was thrown at position:

esd-portalcommunicator.cpp(327) (text=BKI9217E: Additional support information: An exception was thrown at position: esd-socket.cpp(314).).

BKI9300E: Additional support information: Aborting 'send' operation. See previous error.

BKI0020I: End of program at: 05/18/12 09:34:06 .

BKI0021I: Elapsed time: 01 sec .

BKI0024I: Return code is: 2.

We talked with TSM team to check on this machine and they told that everything is allright. Any clue.....

Regards,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Krishna,

first check and compare the parameter with this SAP note:

ttps://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/948294

for meanwhile, please check following link for more detail and refer this link to TSM team.

ERROR IN CONNECTION TO PROLE0

For More Information, you can search the error( BKI4008EBKI2024E) from following Tivoli Support,

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager,

did you restart the Prole? if not then try after restart.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jamil,

i have given the Note to our TSm team.

In the IBM website provided by you, the solution for the error code is very funny - "Contact your system administrator".

Good point - Prole, how to restart it?? (How to stop and start it).

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jamil,

mine is a windows machine and the prole is lised as a service. I have stopped the service and started the service and tested the brbackup command again but unsuccessful.

Any other idea....

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Krishna,

BKI2024EError in connection to PROLE.

Explanation: The connection to PROLE terminated unexpectedly. This message might be |displayed due to previous errors or after an unexpected termination of the |PROLE process.

|User Response: Check for other error messages and restart PROLE if necessary. Try |again. If the problem persists, contact Tivoli Data Protection for R/3 |support.

here you are not getting issue due to brbackup. so, now you have to contact with Tivoli Data Protection support for R/3.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jamil,

as i have already guessed, our TSM Team has corrected the issue, didnt had a chance to ask them what the issue was.

Thank you once again,

Mohan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Have you checked this Note 24103 - NT: starting BRBACKUP/BRARCHIVE via AT command?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

iam not getting a BR error, i believe the note is not valid in my case. Anyway thank you.