cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write otf to spool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have two smartform outputs which need to be combined ..I am presently generating the two otf files ,combing the OTF files and then displaying it in a PDF.Works perfectly.The requirement now is to also be able to write this combined new OTF file to the spool.

I know there aer settings on the smartform FM to move file to spool, but that is for an individual output.. I need the new combined output to be written to spool which will be printed later .

Any suggestions for this?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another query .. how do i manage the print immediately option in this case where I need the output to be a combined output.

MAIL - convert combined otf to pdf and send as mail

PRINT (spool) - will try the no open , no close option

PRINT IMMEDIATELY - how doi activate the dialog box for print preview so that the print happens for the combined OTF?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

soln found . no close no opne with print immed works

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pass TDNEWID as space in Output options and check

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sambu,

but this does nto work

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the subfields NO_OPEN and NO_CLOSE of the CONTROL_PARAMETERS of the Smartforms generated FM to manage this. Call the first smartforms with NO_OPEN initial and NO_CLOSE set and the second one with NO_OPEN set and NO_CLOSE initial, you will get only one spool generated.

(Ref: Control Structure in Smart Forms, Advanced Form Development, Parameters of the Generated Function Module)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raymond for the reply..I have not yet tried the option but hope it works.

I have another query .. how do i manage the print immediately option in this case where I need the output to be a combined output.

MAIL - convert combined otf to pdf and send as mail

PRINT (spool) - will try the no open , no close option

PRINT IMMEDIATELY - how doi activate the dialog box for print preview so that the print happens for the combined OTF?

Thanks