cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total equipment cost reference to WBS Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We use vehicle/unit as equipment. For PM Work order’s operation, we define equipment as work center which has activity type and cost element. We do time entry for equipment into CAT2 and charge cost to work orders. So one unit can be use in multiple WBS Activity against the project. So we are looking to see total equipment/unit cost against the specific WBS Activity. I am wondering if there is any standard report/way for this requirement.

Thanks.

Shah Yan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are assigning WBS in PM work order as account assignment, you can check cost element based report for WBS (eg S_ALR_87013542). You can filter as per reqd cost element and it should give you  information.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use cost element reports to view the total planned cost in standard reports.

As Shrikant pointed out clearly you can use S_ALR_87013542 will display the planned and actual costs against cost elements and also can be viewed in Hierarchial cost report for example S_ALR_87013532 against objects like NWA and WBS (here you will not be see against cost element).

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhakar & Shrikant for your response.

S_ALR_87013532 is closest but problem is we are looking for Vehicle/Equipment Usage against the Project/WBS/Activity.  And we use one cost element/activity type/work center against multiple Vehicle/Equipment (similar type of equipment for eg. All dump truck). With cost element I am unable to identify which vehicle/equipment we used.  Is there any way or I need to ask ABAPER to develop some report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check CJI3 report. Include column 'Source object' in your layout. This column will give you required info about work center. Hope this solves your issue.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shrikant. This report looks good but it’s a line item and giving cost element, activity type and cost center. But client is looking for summarize report for equipment/vehicle usage reference to Project/WBS Activity.

I really appreciate if someone come with solution and reward the point.

Shah Yan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as a solution we are adding equipment column from catsdb table into CJI3. and hope it will fullfill the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow the same thing that you are following in case of PM orders. Create work centers for individual vehicles/equipments and assign them in the activities. Based on the cost center and activity type combination in the work center system will calculate the cost for each activity.