cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety stock as a requirement in ECC and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,
If you want Safety Stock to be considered as a requirement in APO, you can follow the steps in the link below.
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/6f/347ae2d5ed4294aa29897db7074288/frameset.htm

My question is this: What is the equivalent of ECC? The problem is that the picture shown in MD04 is different from the one in CO09. Take the following example.

MD04                                                                    Available
Stock - 17 May 2012                           +100        100
Safety Stoc requirment 17 May 2012  -200        -100
Planned Order     18 May 2012           100           0
Sales Order 2001     20 May 2012       -50          -50

CO09                                                              Available
Stock - 17 May 2012                      +100        100
Planned Order     18 May 2012        100        200
Sales Order 2001     20 May 2012    -50        150

So, how to create Safety Stock as a requirement on the ECC side?

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

If you want the quantity set as Safety stock in the Material Master to reduce available quantity in ERP Availability checking (CO09) you have to configure the Scope of Check as such.

OVZ9 > select the appropriate Availability Checking Group and Checking Rule.  Uncheck 'Include Safety Stock'. 

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49:

Thanks for your response.

I have already have it (the Safety Stock check box) unchecked. But the result that is being shown in MD04 is not matching with the result in CO09 as I have described before. It is almost as if CO09 is not taking into account the Safety Stock as a requirement.

Please see the difference between MD04.png and CO09.png in the attached files (thankfully, we can atach files now). I have also attached "check_control.png" that shows that the Safety Stock has been unchecked.

In general, In APO, Safety Stock can be treated both as a requirement as well as a receipt correct? Is that flexibility not there in ECC or is it achieved in some other way?

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

MD04 is a stock requirements list, CO09 is an availability overview.  They are not supposed to be the same.   If they were, one would speculate that SAP wouldn't have created two transactions.

I believe I have answered your original question.  Do your ATP confirmations in ERP lead you to believe that the safety stock in your Material Master is being considered as available?

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)