cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping between Elements in ECC Scope of check and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

For each of the MRP elements in carry out control for availability check, what is the corresponding ATP category? The answer is not obvious some some.

Has someone gone through this exercise and determined for each of the check boxes in the carry out control for availaility check, what is the ATP category?

For example,

Include Safety Stock -> SR

StockIn Transfer -> CA

Incl.quality insp. stock -> CF

Incl. dependent reqs -> Should this be AY or AZ? Requirements or Receipts?

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

The answer is not straightforward.  The ATP categories in APO are not  mapped directly to ATP elements in ERP.  They are instead mapped to MRP elements in ERP, which are implied/inferred in the ERP scope of check definitions. Furthermore, one ERP ATP element can map to more than one APO ATP category.

Start the other way around;  with mapping in APO at IMG > APO > GATP > General Settings >  Maintain Category.  Here you can see the APO ATP Categories mapped to the ERP MRP elements.  In your examples above  SR = is not mapped to anything, because ERP does not have the exact equivalent of a 'Safety Stock Requirement'.  CA = 'Stock', CF = 'stock' etc.  Many of the APO ATP categories are mapped to ERP MRP 'codes', two letter designations that exist in ERP MRP processing.  You can see the human readable texts assigned to these MRP codes in ERP config. OMD5.  From here you can use your ERP ATP expertise to determine which of the ERP MRP elements are equivalent to the items as stated in the Scope of Check (OVZ9 and similar)

This mapping exercise has little value anyway.  You never use both APO GATP and ERP ATP for the same ATP check, only one of them can be valid for a given material/plant combination.  The two different ATP methodologies are supposed to be different, some of the functionality can't be mapped.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49:

Thanks for the response. One of the purposes of this message is for me to confirm that this exercise is not as simple as it sounds - and you confirmed thate. Having said that, let me give some background behind why I am having to go through this.

At my current client, we have implemented product allocations in GATP. Only those materials that are constrained will go through ATP check in APO/GATP and the rest of them will go through ATP check in ECC. Business has found that the "scope of check" for the ECC materials (not constrained) that have the same ATP Group / Availability check field value compared to the constrained material  is not consistent.

That is the reason for this exercise to understand the differences and make them consistent if possible.

Please give me any other pointers that you may have.

Thanks again,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Well, it would be unreasonable for your users to expect an exact match between the results of an APO ATP check and an ERP ATP check.  APO uses different methods to calculate availability than ERP.  This includes the APO product check.  In the end, they might be better off using ERP ATP and ERP Allocation, and forget about APO altogether.

It is a common problem for a consultant to face that users will ask you to make the 'new' solution to look and work "the same way it used to be" with the 'old' solution.  Your response is always to ask for concrete examples.  You focus on the differences, and determine what the best solution would be, given all the other requirements.  Then, you ask the manager of the project if such changes should actually be implemented.

So, if the question is 'are different objects being considered between ERP and APO?', then you ask the users to give you examples which demonstrates the differences in ATP results that they find objectionable.  You can quickly compare the two scopes of check in these examples to determine if the ERP ATP check is using different elements than the APO Product Check.  It is not necessary to create a treatise on the subject about mapping.  If their only problem is that the two 'scope of check' displays are different, then you ask the project manager if he will authorize your developers to alter the appearance of the APO display so as to match the ERP display.  A daunting task, with high initial and ongoing costs, for what would be (in my opinion) no business benefit.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

Here is a document I found useful. It does not have the direct mapping, but it does have a pretty good explanation of the ECC side of things.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Availability+checking+in+SAP

Rishi Menon

Answers (0)