cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete messages in HOLDING status in adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I got 7 messages in adapter engine which is in HOLDING status. I went to SMQ2 and deleted the system fail message. I try to resend one by one and also all at once but the status does nto change.

I tried to resend and still status is HOLDING in RWB. I checked there are no system error or any error messages in system. There are no messages in the Queues.

How do I get rid of these HOLDING messages ?? Maintain order at run time is checked in interface determiniation.

Please advice as to how to delete messages in HOLDING status

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the messages are processed in EOIO mode and if the first message in the queue got blocked for some reason like data issue or huge volume processing then the following messages will be found in the hold state. You need to see what is the cause of the delay of the previous message processing?  You did re - register the queue in SMQ2 right?   The stefan blog above might help you to guide on using the filter option to search the messages in hold.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the messages were in holding status in Message monitoring-RWB-Adapter engine then cancel the messages in RWB it self.

What exactly the issue in your case after reprocessingt in SXMB_MONI messages were got struck in SMQ2?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I selected all the HOLDING messages in RWB and selected CANCEL and i get message Unable to cancel -Predecessor not in final state. I checked there are no other HOLDING messages or error messages. In SXMB_MONI there is one error message due to Mapping exception.

Also i deleted all the error messages from the queue . I am not sure what else needs to be done.

Please advice.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Teresa,

You already posted very similar situation before and Mark answered for this.. You might want to check this thread..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2076100

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Step1:

Go to runtime work bech--->Message Monitoring---Adapter Engine.

Step2:

Check wts the status of your holding message by comparing first step.

If it is in Scheduled status then cancel it .

Step3:

If Step2 operation not successfull then stop the receiver channel and reprocess them , after some time message will go to system error status then you can cancel the messages and it will go in to terminated with error status.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a option to delete these messages at OS level . When there are 5000 messages stuck with HOLD status ?    

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it production environment? I would not recommend to delete the messages. Plus I dont think it is possible to delete messages at OS level that are in HOLD state.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to run jobs to removed these entries, for time being cancell all messages so that wll messages will got terminated with error status.

Take help from Basis team to schedule archive and deletion job to remove all success//failed messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit . I did that i got the sequence number 58  to 75 under RWB- Adapter engine. I tried to resend 58 but status HOLDING remains the same. When I try to cancel it says Unable to Cancel 1 of 1 messages.

There are no messages in the queues. Also in PI 7.1 there is no column conversation ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Also in PI 7.1 there is no column conversation ID

You can select and increase ur message search range.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava