SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Divisions Process in Fund Management

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know about the Sub division functionality in  Public sector Management & How it is useful to business?Is it possible to upload the budget with criteria of Fund-Fund Center-Fund Center Sub divisions- commitment Item.

One of the my client wants to control budget further break down of Fund centers and Commitment items. Any suggestions !!1

Regards  Mani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what functionality you are talking about. Can you elaborate? You can create fund centres with a relevant hierarchy and upload the budget on whatever node you require. Alternatively, you can use another FM object, e.g. funded program or functional area.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what functionality you are talking about. Can you elaborate? You can create fund centres with a relevant hierarchy and upload the budget on whatever node you require. Alternatively, you can use another FM object, e.g. funded program or functional area.

Regards,

Eli

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for you reply !! Right now we are using Fund - Fund Centre - Commitment item ,which are controlled entire revenue expenditure budget. Now my case is ,we have 3 Funds which are W001 - One time Fund , W002 - Regular Fund & W003 - Special Project fund & having single Fund Center is X001 as Mechanical department & Single Commitment item is FM06 as Stores and Spares.

Total W001 - X001 - FM06 budget is USD 5000.00 ( Mechanical department having 5 Machines ) Now business planing to control the same amount USD 5000.00 machine wise under X001 fund centre. I mean

W001 - X001 - MACHINE1 - FM06 .....USD 4000.00

W001-X001- MACHINE2- FM06.........USD 1000.00

( We need to create Machine as Master data )

Rgds

Mani

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... Well, as I said, you either have to split your fund centres or use additional available FM object, e.g. functional area, funded program, etc.

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply !! I will check and revert. But i would like to know about Sub division functionality,could you please explain the same with simple examples.

Regards

Mani

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To tell you the truth, I didn't see any implementation with it. So, I cannot tell you what possible restrictions/troubles, if any, you might encounter by uisng this functionality. As for its description, you can find it on help.sap.com in Funs Managament - Account assignment elements chapter.

Regards,

Eli

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Could you please let me know ,how could i activate Fund Program as ready for input in ME51 level ,as we are using Formaer budgeing.

Rgds

Mani

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Funded program is a derived field: it could not be used for direct input.

Regards,

Eli

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I believe, the issue is solved, so I close the thread. Again, regarding the subdivision: you shouldn't consider this as sort of hierarchy. No, it's more a 'mask' for your master data. As an example, imagine that you have fund centre D01SERABC, where D01 means 'department 01 - marketing', SER - means branch which provides services, and ABC - the type of serivce. Defining subdivisions helps you to control codes for your master data, checking that it's duly defined.

Regards,

Eli

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Issue has not closed !! Fund Program is not supporting for my requirement ,if it is derivation field. Is it possible to maintian the budget at Fund Program - Fund - Fund Center - Commitment item level. I need control above said criteria only !!!

While creating the PR' how could i bring Fund Program field as ready for input in standard SAP ,if it could be derive through other components ?  Any suggestion in this regard ?

Rgds

Mani

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Well, your original issue was about subdivision and not funded program... Let's try not to mix several issues in one thread.

Anyway, as I said, funded program is not for direct input. It should be derived via FMDERIVE. If this does not answer your requirement, you have to either split your fund centres or use some other object, functional area for example.

Regards,

Eli

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Well, your original issue was about subdivision and not funded program... Let's try not to mix several issues in one thread.

Anyway, as I said, funded program is not for direct input. It should be derived via FMDERIVE. If this does not answer your requirement, you have to either split your fund centres or use some other object, functional area for example.

Regards,

Eli

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks ,issue has been resolved with activation of Functional area as you suggested !! Is there any impacts ,if activated Functional area as optional field ( Do the settings as follows :- Activated Functional area check box in account assignment under public sector management and also select the functional area for blank postings allowed.

Regards

Mani