cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production schedule on non working day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my clien't system production plant operating calendar is 5day/week. But the production scheduler some times I want to schedule production on the weekend to cover up the backlog. To do this the shift calendar in each workcenter should be created and define it as 'overwrite factory calendar'. But there are lots of workcenters and it is a tedious task for the scheduler to go into each workcenter capacity details and change/turnon the shiftcalendar.

I was wondering if there is any other easy way to make the plant operating on whichever weekend the scheduler want and schedule the production orders without changing the configuration or changing the capacity data of each workcenter ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karan_921
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Did you get a Solution to this ?, Now we have S4Hana PPDS but if we need a solution for ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can open the dates (saturday & sunday) where your production date to cover up the backlog thru your "capacity" in your work center itself. Goto CA02 (your work center) --> under "capacities" tab, just double click to go inside --> choose the "intervals" to input the weekend date so that it will included during your availability check for your capacities. You can maintain the dates "valid from - valid to" , for example 05.18.2012-05.19.2012 or 05.18.2012-05.18.2012 if its only 1 day to cover your backlogs.

Hope this will solve your question. This is just an alternative solution if you dont want to define special rules in you calendar date

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the user doesn't want to go and change each and every workcenter capacity details nor the factory calendar settings in SCAL (giving SCAL authorization to user is dangerous).

I am looking for if there is any other simple way in standard SAP to simply switch the weekend from a non-working to working day only for production, but not for procurement nor planning.

Any other solutions ? like for ex: creating a workcenter hierarchy and assigning all WCs to higher node and chaning the calendar on the top node...will this work ? I don't think so...but want to hear comments from the Gurus here

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can define for the work centers a factory calendar different from the plant factory calendar.

Whenever you have to define a weekend as a working day, you can create a special rule for this factory calendar.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano for your reply, but business does not know in advance about which weekend should be a working day. They decide that in the middle of a week depending on how much backlog they have.

So I cannot create a special workcenter factory calendar with special rules. Also business cannot change calendar configuration.

Any other solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Caetano's solution seems to be the only possibility.you add the special rules as you need it. I guess if business cannot change calendars at will, then IT must be able to address such requests on short notice. or make a case to authorization to allow access to SCAL.

Regards

Raman