cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP rule evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use location determination and have rules based GATP active in our check instruction but we do run BOP with the "rules eval.(again)" checkbox OFF.

We do not use rules immediately.

To my understanding that means that the location being determined in the initial ATP check in the sales order will not be redetermined during BOP, right?

That is at least what I expect.

When I look at the F1 help on the "Rules eval. (Again) checkbox though it says:

"Regardless of this indicator, however, the system executes the rules for every item (apart from subitems) relevant to requirements, if you have activated the rules-based ATP check in the check procedure."

Can someone explain that to me? Does it mean that even if my sales order confirmed the line item (10) already, that it still can happen that BOP substitutes to another location?

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If the Rule Evaluation indicator is set, the rules are executed again in backorder processing in accordance with the check instructions. The new check is executed for the main item and not for the subitems (resulting from the previous check). System checks for the material availability at location substitutions while creating a SO. Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, I am seeing behaviour in our system where we have the rule evaluation indicator not checked during BOP but the system still redetermines locations.

Essentially I am trying to find out if that is "by design" or an error.

Regards,

Markus

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this check box is not checked, system will not evaluate the rules again, i.e., it confirms the product from the previously confirmed location product.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar