cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Crystal Reports 2011, but no .exe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done a complete install of Crystal Reports 2011.  Looks like I have the full directory structure, yet crw32.exe does not exist, so the shortcut in Start->Programs->Crystal Reports 2011 points to a file that does not exist.

The instructions to install I followed are:

Crystal Reports

Uninstall any version currently installed

Please install from this link:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreports/51041020.ZIP

Click on link

Choose “save”

Save to a know spot

1.     Do not run the installation from archived package, extract the package first.  Click on 51041020.ZIP and choose extract.

2.     Copy the installation package to hard drive if possible to avoid any networking issues.

3.     Once extracted, the Setup.exe file can be found in the \DATA_UNITS\Crystal Reports\ …folder

4.     Login to the machine as Local ADMINISTRATOR, if possible.

5.     Temporary disable any kind of firewall, antivirus, network security etc., if possible.

6.     Please note CR 2011 installation requires open port 4520 for communication. Blocked port 4520 may cause the following error Microsoft Visual C++

Runtime Library Runtime Error!

7.     On the latest versions of Windows, even if logged in As local Administrator, right-click setup.exe file and select "Run as Administrator". If you do not

have Administrator account, try right click "Run as" Select current user and uncheck the "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program

activity".

8.     Make sure there is enough space on the computer. If not sure about the space, run "Custom" installation with minimum components. Non-mandatory

components could be added at any time

I have tried to install this on a couple machines, all with the same results.  Any assistance is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

A resolution to this issue has be documented in SAP Note 1614593.

Here's what the note says:

• Manually extract all files from the content.cab file to a Temp folder
  • Then rename and manually copy files to their destination. For example:

win32_x86crw32.exe should be renamed to crw32.exe and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

• externalcommons.codec.1.3.jar should be renamed to commons.codec.1.3.jar and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\java\lib\external

• libCrystalFormulas.jar should be renamed to CrystalFormulas.jar and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\java\lib

• csscrhome.css should be renamed to crhome.css and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Start Page\css

• imageblank.gif should be renamed to blank.gif and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Start Page\image

Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of the 277 content.cab files, which should I be looking at for these files?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for not having mentioned that.

You should be looking at the ,cab file under:

...DATA_UNITS\CrystalReports\dunit\crystalreports.cpp.designer-4.0-core-32\content.cab

Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok...I have done the following...

A resolution to this issue has be documented in SAP Note 1614593.

Here's what the note says:

• Manually extract all files from the content.cab file to a Temp folder 
  • Then rename and manually copy files to their destination. For example:

win32_x86crw32.exe should be renamed to crw32.exe and copied to 

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

• externalcommons.codec.1.3.jar should be renamed to commons.codec.1.3.jar and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\external

• libCrystalFormulas.jar should be renamed to CrystalFormulas.jar and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib 

• csscrhome.css should be renamed to crhome.css and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers\css

• imageblank.gif should be renamed to blank.gif and copied to

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers\images

and now I get an error Box that says:

SAP Crystal Reports: Application Error

Couldn't load crwdnr.dll