cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise register RG23D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i created STO to Depot on previous year and have done MIGO on the last year itself, Excise duty of previous year was 10% but which has been increased on current year 12%.

while creating excise invoice from Depot, system is picking up 10% excise as system captured 10% while doing MIGO only. we need to capture 12% excise duty as current year excise duty is 12%.

How can we resolve this issue

Thanks

Shibu Chandran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shibu,

If your Plant is declared as a Depot, then the Rule is very clear: A Depot cannot create new Excise Liability. It can only pass the Excise credit that it has received from the Incoming Invoice.

Thus the current Excise Rate (10% or 12%) does NOT matter here. Whenever you dispatch the Material from Depot you will have to pass the Excise Credit exactly the same as what you received.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

What ur thinking it is wrong ur company never want to lose, and govt wont take 10 %.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dillip

Jignesh is right and in fact, I had also commented in a similar way.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Yes. We were following the same thing at my earlier Client-Site. We had both Plant & Depot Sales.

In case of Plant Sales we used to charge the Excise Duty on new Price & in case of Depot we used to pass the Excise Credit as it is (i.e. exactly the same what we received).

Also, I worte the earlier post based on my experience & I knew my reply was similar to your earlier suggestion. There was no intention to copy & re-phrase your post.

Hope I have not offended you or any SCN rules.

Thanks,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh

I actually wanted to convey that we are in the same boat and based on our experience, similar suggestions came from both ends.

I never intended to convey you have rephrased it.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

my client is saying that they do not want to loose 2% of excise duty, they need 12% excise duty from customer. so i cant leave the extra 2% excise duty. kindly give me good suggestion as early as possible.

i am so sorry to create the same issue as new thred

Shibu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibu,

For this issue u execute T.code J1IGA

Then enter how much extera amount u want means 2% and create excise invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shibu,

Check the system as suggested by Dillip.You can post additional 2% rate for the field Additional BED along with A certificate Number and Certificate date and check the additional 2% will be added to 10% BED for that particular excise invoice at depot.

Thank you,

Ravikumar.Ravooru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

Did u worked in CIN, If u worked then just check what is J1IGA (T-Code).

Why SAP given this?

Do not think CHECK it in system.

balaji_parsewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shibu,

First very clear thing is that you can sell not material with 10% BED as it had been hiked to 12% by government & if you do that it is loss of government.On the other hand, duty pass on is mandatory in depot case.

Solution of the matter is, you have to use supplementary billing from plant to depot for the additional 2%.

1) J1IS

2) J1IGA

3) you can see additionally captured duty in J1IJ while creating excise invoice from depot.

I hope this will suffice your requirement.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

plant will raise A-CERTIFICATE through which we can ask to customer for 12%.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plant will raise A-CERTIFICATE

I feel this statement is wrong.  Only in case parent plant want to raise differential excise invoice, this will come into picture.  Check with the Business.

G. Lakshmipathi

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

lakshmi pathi

i have , in material excise details for the 10% to 12% , when its comes at j1id excise details ,

last year create the factory excise invoice (j1iin), it is for 10%, after user capture the depot excise invoice ,(j1ig) here customer told this year i make j1ig so you want 12%, on that you can change the  j1id excise details at 12%, then it comes perfect ,

my business process you can do the this type settings . i think same settings is applicable to this issue , it correct or not can advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

A-CERTIFICATE is used for this purpose check the T-CODE J1IGA

U can do it there.This is 100% correct.

There is no other solution.

U have to charge 12% excise to customer or else ur company will be in lose.

Because already we capture excise is 10%.

But govt will charge 12% now if we change excise now it wont applicable which was already captured excise

so through A-certificate only we have to inform what ever changes has done.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, there is an Excise rule which says, depot is supposed to sell the material at the same excise duty at whatever percent they received.

Having said this, your client needs to levy 10% only.  Check with your client in this regard.

G. Lakshmipathi