cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to get no of lines in failed message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my message mapping, source structure is having header as well as items.

If there is any failure in the mapping which can be String Out of bound exception or anything like that I want to catch the total no of lines and key field which are failed and send it to some other system.

Is it possible to acheive this scenario without BPM.

Regards

Suma S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>If there is any failure in the mapping which can be String Out of bound exception or anything like that I want to catch the total no of lines and key field which are failed and send it to some other system.

Is it possible to acheive this scenario without BPM.

Yes it is possible to do scenario without BPM.  But you have to do two steps.

1) Use Java mapping and if you catch exceptions due to string out of bound exception or array index exception in the mapping area, write the error details in a file in the catch block.

2) Create another scenario like file to receiver system ( adapters  like file reciever or any)  to transfer the error detals to the other system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try and use UDF for each of the "special" mapping - where you might get those exceptions.

But you will have to adjust the receiving interface in the mapping - so that it will include the interface for the "other system" you are planing to send the total no of lines and key field information to.

Good luck,

Imanuel Rahamim.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think without BPM not possible.