Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Scenario : SRM MDM 3.0

I have the following queries -

1. Can we upload the ECC / SRM material master in SRM MDM Catalogs ?

2. While creating a SC in SRM, the user will search for the material master in the Catalog system.

- Is it possible that the material master item just has a price maintained but no associated Contract / Info Record?

- Can such a material master item be pulled from SRM MDM Catalog into the SC and the SC be ordered?

3. Can we maintain custom repository attributes (eg ABC and DEF) and have price maintained for the combination of ABC - DEF in the SRM MDM catalog management system?

Kindly help in addressing the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

-> Yes. It's possible to upload material master in catalogs.

2. While creating a SC in SRM, the user will search for the material master in the Catalog system.

- Is it possible that the material master item just has a price maintained but no associated Contract / Info Record?

-> Yes. Product can be maintained without associated contract or info record.

- Can such a material master item be pulled from SRM MDM Catalog into the SC and the SC be ordered?

-> Yes. Products should be pulled in SC & SC should be ordered.

3. Can we maintain custom repository attributes (eg ABC and DEF) and have price maintained for the combination of ABC - DEF in the SRM MDM catalog management system?

-> Yes. price can be depended upon combination attributes too. Look for workflow & conditions in MDM. I hope you will get a clue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Many thanks for all your replies till now.

Further queries -

1. Is it possible in SRM MDM to create a dummy vendor (say DV) and maintain a price - material combination for this vendor?

ie Material M1, Price 100, Vendor DV  (there is no contract/info record to link these but just maintain this combination in SRM MDM catalog as a record?)

2. Just wanted to confirm - we can have Material M2 (uploaded from the material master to SRM MDM catalog) maintained in SRM MDM catalog without any price-vendor linkage and add this material to the SC during creation ?

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is it possible in SRM MDM to create a dummy vendor (say DV) and maintain a price - material combination for this vendor?

->  I didn't understand your dummy vendor concept. But you can maintain price & material combination for vendor(in your case dummy).

2. Just wanted to confirm - we can have Material M2 (uploaded from the material master to SRM MDM catalog) maintained in SRM MDM catalog without any price-vendor linkage and add this material to the SC during creation ?

-> Yes. You can store material without Price & Vendor linkage. SC will create for M2. I think you should enter price for the material.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

->  I didn't understand your dummy vendor concept. But you can maintain price & material combination for vendor(in your case dummy).

Amish: I meant we are planning to create a vendor master in ECC (dummy vendor master) and replicate this to SRM MDM catalog. Against this vendor (without any contract and info record) we will maintain Price and Material combination. Once the material and vendor is selected from the catalog we will add that to the SC. At this stage we will replace the dummy vendor with the actual vendor to whom the PO is to be placed. This actual vendor will be made as a fixed vendor and hence without a contract/info record we will place a PO.

Can this scenario be achieved?

-> Yes. You can store material without Price & Vendor linkage. SC will create for M2. I think you should enter price for the material.

Amish: Is price mandatory to be maintained in the SRM MDM catalog - can we just not have the material uploaded to the SRM MDM catalog without price-vendor linked?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material master alone can not be transferred to MDM.

It has to be a contract or info record.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

Thanks for reply.

Regards,

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aMISH,

Ans : Yes.

Ans : yes it can be ordered

Ans : your ? is not clear

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks - can you please provide pointers on how #2 could be achieved.

Regards,

Amish