cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deleted cancelled Invoice and credit memo, before sending to customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys. By the discussion for my last question, I have a  more clear mindset about my question.

In my company we have many customers using invoice mail or EDI forwarding. The preset trigger point is once a week (Like Firday night 22:00 local time).

However in the invoice batch, about 20% of the invoices are invalid ones. They are the invoices which had been cancelled and their corresponding credit memos.

Customers advised they don't need that many invalid invoices.

Below logic should be preformed.

1. In same batch(for a week or so), all invalid invoices(invoice had been cancelled and corresponsing credit memo) should be deleted.

2. Normal invoice(no corresponding credit memo) and normal credit memo (whose oringinal invoice is in former batches) should be sent.

3. Manual invoice and other invoice(such as debit memos) follow the same rule.

From foregoing discussion Loh advised we can set a program to delete the invailds. However it should have a better way in SAP, as I know in our SAP system there are a batch job run every 6 hours. During each batch the invalid invoices will be auto deleted. So the routine should be available. Any expert know how we can enable it for Mail or EDI forwarding? Or you have other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Thanks a billion!

Kenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vdeva
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i think batch job solution could be good but you have to ensure that invalid invoice is deleted before sending email to customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Arif

Agreed. What I am looking for is the way to delete the invalid invoices, before triggering the batch. Any ideas where we make the configuration?

Kenny