cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing LIMS with SAP QM- possibilities of 100% mapping?

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the possibilities of replacing LIMS with SAP QM for Oil and Gas industry. I got some basic questions here,

Can we do it effectively?

What would would be the GAP percentage we can expect if we replace LIMS with SAP QM?

Is there any documentation available in help.sap regarding this topic? If so please share the link.

If anyone extensively worked on this replacement, can you please throw some light on this topic, so that I can start working on that base.

Is there any SDN threads available on this topic?

I am finding it even to search about this topic in the new SDN front end. I feel SDN responds very slow in my network.

Kindly note, this thread is not probing about LIMS and SAP QM interface possibility.

Thanks

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These blogs by Zeeshan Shah might be of help to you.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/operations-qm/blog/2012/04/13/qm-processes-in-oil-and-gas-industry-...

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/operations-qm/blog/2012/05/11/qm-processes-in-oil-and-gas-industry-...

I encourage you to rate his blogs if you find value in them.

You will probably never get a 100% mapping.  There are always a few things a LIMS will have that SAP doesn't.  Of course there are some things that SAP has that LIMS doesn't.

What you really have to ask is, can the 500k to 1 million a year I spend on a LIMS, be used to do some initial custom development and result in lower yearly costs for me?  You're paying for SAP already, it's in house.  You'll surely have costs to integrate SAP with LIMS.  You really need some big numbers and benefits to justify NOT replacing LIMS.

That said, SAP is NOT good for research.  So if you use your LIMS for research as well as production, you might be better off interfacing SAP with the LIMS since you have no cost avoidance of the LIMS.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos