Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Contract & Resource Related Billing Configuration SD

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have scenerio for service contract. I have created document type SC for the contract. Applied pricing procedure PBR02 = Item Price Agreement

Billing is Periodic Billing at Item level

Material Type is DIEN

My questions/doubts

1) Whther Pricing is correct? Or RVAAUS (US Price) should be used? Which is correct & why?

2) After creation of yearly contract when you create order which order type should be used? Is it OR order type?

3) How pricing condition type PPSG and PPSV is used? Is there any settlment to be done ? How?

4)  Please throw some light if we want to have resource related billing. How item category to be defined as its greyed out etc.

Please advise whole process with detail steps, order type, or any assortment to be used. I am not sure how this works in SAP

Thanks

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash,

Using contract type,order type,pricing procedure and condition types are all depends on your requirement.

But if you want to maintain configuration for RRB (Resource Related Billing),Go to ODP1 T-code, copy and paste standard DIP Profile and make necessary changes.assign debit memo request in ODP1.

Assign this DIP profile to the item category in VOV7.

maintain the costs in KP26 T-code,also specify the cost condition type(KE01) in pricing procedure.

Thank you,

Ravikumar.Ravooru

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. Still my questions are unanswerable. You are sayiing its as per business scenerio so it does not give me any solution.

I am not sure which document type should be used. Can I use SC document type to create sales order with reference to contract?

Or OR should be ok.Then which pricing procedure it will pick up? As I have maintained pricing in the contract at item level.

Secondly which pricing procedure is applicable? standard or any  special?

Is there any settlement of contract required/ Pl provide guideline with tcode or screen shots.

I know DIP profile but there are many settings like Usage,Characteristics, Sources, Selection criteria, material determination.... How this is linked? Pl attach screen shots so it will be easy to understand.

Appreciate expert's help.

Prakash

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I would like to comment that the business scenario explained by is not sufficient to assist you completely. Anyway, let me try, with whatever I can understand.

You need to you standard pricing procedure PSER01 - Periodic Billing for your sales doc type SC. If that is not the case than you will not get condition type PPSG and PPSV in your pricing procedure.
So, that means sal doc type SC need to have doc pric prod as V (Contract).

You can have item category WVN - Maint.Contract Item in contract sales doc SC which will take care of your periodic billing at Item.

Based on your business requirment, you can maintain condition records for condition type PPSG and PPSV with desire key combination.

Sales Process will be:
1. Sales Contract SC (VA41) with Item Cat WVN

2. Create Billing Doc F2 (VF01) with reference to Sales Contract.

Generally, in periodic service contract process or annual maintenance contract, you don't require any release order or delivery. As, generally, with these kind of contract between you & your customer there is a fixed contract period & fixed amount.

Do full check of dependency like account determination, material, pricing like Calculat.type/Scale basis/Scale type for the condition type, etc, before going to testing the sales process.

I hope that suffice your requirement.

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello J. Prakash/Ravikumar,

Many thanks for the input. J. Prakash had suggested valued inforation & further technical input was useful given by Ravikumar.

I could set up service contract as per priodic billing. Yet I am working on RRB so may takee some time. But this thread is closed with rewards to oth. But i do not know how both can be given 50%    points.

Thanks for your valued time & input.

Prakash

former_member401443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

I saw your post.  I have a similar situation.

Create Service Contract

Set of Materials

It will be Billed Periodiclly.

Then once a Service Order is created it has
Materials from Contract -----

Materials not in Contract that needs to be  Bill Separately via Resource Related Billing.

Can you please help.

Mukesh

former_member401443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti Prakash

I saw your post.  I have a similar situation.

Create Service Contract with customer

Set of Materials

It will be Billed Periodiclly.

Then once a Service Order is created it has
Materials from Contract

Materials not in Contract that needs to be  Bill Separately via Resource Related Billing.

Can you please help.

I am stuck and not able to find anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)