cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS version must be similar with Netweaver version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm an abaper and new to this Netweaver and NWDS. I realize that when I want to start development, I need to download the NWDS for developing webdynpro java. After googling around here and there, I have some questions below.

1. If the netweaver of the application server is version 7.0, do I need to develop the webdynpro with NWDS 7.0 also (to avoid any issues)?

2. I found out there are sap netweaver 7.0, CE 7.1, CE 7.2, and 7.3. What are the differences between netweaver and netweaver CE?

3. I'd like to develop webdynpro java for blackberry browser. Is it enough with NWDS 7.0 only? Or do I need something else (NWDS Mobile or something)?

Thanks,

Teddy Kurniawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nwds has to be the same version as your netweaver server

1.yes

2.just different version, nw 7 based java 1.4, ce based one java 5

3. i believe the newer the better, go with nw7.31 if possible.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4b/d85679ffdb4c87e10000000a42189e/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

Thanks for the answers. But since the client netweaver is version 7.0 (i assume this because they said their Enterprise Portal is version 7.0), then I will develop the webdynpro using NWDS 7.0 as to avoid any issues. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Teddy Kurniawan

rami_reddy4
Participant
0 Kudos

Please verify the Service Pack (SP) versions also in both NWDS & Enterprise Portal. Sometimes we will get the issues if both service pack versions are different (NWDS & EP versions).

Regards,
Ramireddy

Answers (0)