cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert using RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I had recently developed a IDOC to file xml, the IDOC is INVOIC.INVOIC01. My client asked me to fail the Interface at mapping level when ever a line item i.e. E1EDP01-E1EDP01-ZEILE is missing from source side he also wanted to create an alert when ever the message fails at run time.

I have done exactly what he wanted and and created an alert using standard method using ALRTCATDEF.

Now the problem is my client also want the alert to be populated with E1EDK01-BELNR( invoice number). I had searched all over the SCN and found one link.

I just want to know that can I populate the payload values with the below procedure( open the link)? if so can any one please explain steps breifly. I am using PI version 7.1 so i thing i dont need any UDF since i can call RFC using graphichal mapping.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-...

It is urgent requirement. Any help would great and appriciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrika,

You cant pupulate payload fields in standards ALERT frame work but you can try below approch.

1)Develop one sender and two receives(mail and file) scenario.

2)Check in receiver determination condition that E1EDP01-E1EDP01-ZEILE misisng in IDoc then call send mail using mail adapter. you can include payload fields.

3)Correct data send data to file.

4)if you want to throw exception then write a simple UDF in IDoc to File mapping throw manully exception.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

for getting payload variable you can use rfc look up for rfc SALERT_CREATE or SALRT_CREAT_API.

do the look up with condition field E1EDP01-E1EDP01-ZEILE is missing....