cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercator mapping,XSLT mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i m gonna have an interview for XI developer in couple of days and the stress will most probably be on mappings.

can anyone provide me with some links to Mercator and XSLT mapping,also the user defined functions in Graphical mapping.

i have a rough idea about most of the mapping but i m looking for some examples on these.

thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

here some links to UDF:

<a href="/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/08/mapping-context-changes-in-xi Context Changes in XI</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/02/25/simple-java-code-in-graphical-mapping--xi java code in graphical mapping - XI</a>

<a href="/people/miguel.jorge/blog/2006/10/10/interesting-use-of-global-variables use of Global Variables</a>

<a href="/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer XI Lookup API: the Killer</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/04/globalcontainer--in-graphical-mapping-xi - in graphical mapping (XI)</a>

<a href="/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/30/test-user-defined-functions-for-the-xi-graphical-mapping-tool-in-developer-studio User defined Functions for the XI Graphical Mapping Tool</a>

and some links for XSLT:

<a href="http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt">W3C: XSL Transformations</a>

<a href="http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/">W3Schools: Tutorial</a>

Regards,

Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>XSLT Mapping

XSLT is a language for transforming XML documents into XHTML documents or to other XML documents.

XSLT is used to transform an XML document into another XML document, or another type of document that is recognized by a browser, like HTML and XHTML. Normally XSLT does this by transforming each XML element into an (X)HTML element.

With XSLT you can add/remove elements and attributes to or from the output file. You can also rearrange and sort elements, perform tests and make decisions about which elements to hide and display, and a lot more.

A common way to describe the transformation process is to say that XSLT transforms an XML source-tree into an XML result-tree

>>Mercator

It is a middleware tool where Mapping can be done tnd can obtain a desired out put.

>>user defined functions in Graphical mapping

A pre defined function we can make use of it to obtain the desired out put.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx guys