Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find correct folder on File System content server

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi-

We have our content servers set up to be file servers (vs. using Max DB).  I have found a Wiki that talks about how you can use the PHIO ID to locate the subdirectory on the content server.  However, when looking at our content server, we have logical repositories set up, so we see the directory <SYSID>_XXX_<Client>  (where XXX represents our physical location of our content server), then the next sub directory is a 4 character directory, and under that are the directories that match the PHIO entry in DMS_PH_CD1.  So, for example, this is what we see when we look at the content server through windows explorer: 

C:\Data\PRD_ALM_600\012b\<PHysical File ID>

Where is the four character subdirectory entry information in SAP?  (in the example above, I am looking for 012b directory information.)  In table DMS_DOc2LOIO? 

Thanks for your assistance, in advance!

-J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

check out table DMS_PH_CHK0_CD1. here table flied directory should give you sub directory.

try it and let me know.

Best regards,

Simran

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, the sub-directory information as mentioned by you is not avaialble in SAP.

This information must be stored and available in content server.

Let us wait for other experts comments.

Cheers

Amit

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simran-  Thanks for the suggestion!  I checked the table you mentioned...  I don't have any records in that table in our system.   

I agree with Amit, I am thinking the 4 character directory information must be stored on the server itself, but I need to know it so I can correctly restore individual files there.   

I still need help how to figure this out.  Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jennifer,

Amit might be right.

the sub directory could be something like a partition created on the server.

U should find something in Installation & Config Guides.

Regards,

Simran