cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Derivation rule & update of billing document (KE4S OR KEND)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For my client, operating concern was active and billing document were flowing to COPA, But characters (Customer grp, sales Office, Sales Grp and Product hierarchy) did not updated as there were no derivation rule defined: I Have below query for derivation and update of already posted billing document:

1. 1. Which are the fixed characteristics for which derivation rule need to be defined or it is mandatory to define?
  2. 2. For Characteristics (e.g. Customer group - which are available in master data table; KNVV), while defining derivation rule, what should be the origin table KNVV / VBKD?
  3. 3. Currently, new billing document posting to COPA are getting correct characteristics, what need to be done for old billing document to update required characteristics. I have tried KEND, it’s not working. When I try KE4S00 & then KE4S for reporting its seems ok, BUT why KEND is not happening

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. You need to define der rule for all those chars you want, but currently not populated by the system

Its strange that Der rule for Cust Group does not exit in your system... Usually, they are there

2. You can use KNVV or VBKD depending on your need... if you dont change Cust Group in Sale order and use the one derived from master data, then use KNVV

3. You need to reverse the billing docs and once der rule is in place, release the billing doc to COPA once again... KEND is not suitable in this case,,, KEND is used when you want to change Char Value from X ro Y

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay and MD,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case there was no derivation rule defind as client core team has tested process without proper understanding.

As per my further analysis, why KEND is not working in my case:

Current Derivation rule:

Customer grp from VBKD, Sales office and sales group from VBAK and Product hiearchy from VBAP

And for old document sales order is not updated in CE4XXXX so its not getting derived in KEND, BUT if i define derivation rule as below then no derivation getting updated even for new for new doc also

Customer grp, Sales office and sales group from VBAK and product hiearchy.

Please let me know what need to derivation rule for the fields : customer grp, sales office, sales group and product hierarchy.

What are the characteristics for which we need to write derivation rule? and which we will be derived automatically

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any reply please....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give your input.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any reply if it is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Reverse copa documents and post the same you can try this

Use KEND

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50482a0c-4033-2c10-3fb5-9f8c25360...

or

Use KE4S

Thanks

Sadiq