cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am inserting master data lfa1, lfb1, lfbk and lfbw into 4 sql tables from SAP . In pi I have 4 seperate stored procedures one for each that i am executing.

Is it possible to execute the stored procedure for LFA1 first before lfb1 ? Can we specify the exact time as to which stored procedure gets executed or at what time?

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option1:

You can use maintain runtime option in Interface determination(if you are calling 4 mapping in one Interface determination).

Option2:

Create 4 receiver JDBC channels and schedule accordingly.(Scheduling receiver adapter also possible)

Option 3:

Ask your DB team to run in sequence manner.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Can you please elaborate about option 2 ? How can I schedule each receiver Adapter?

Thanks,

Teresa

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search scn Availability time planning(scheduling an Adapter).

RWB-->Compoenet Monitoring-->AdapterEngine-->Communication channel monirotiung-->Availability time planning.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Teresa,

Yes it's possible to execute the stored procedure LFA1 before LFB1

Create data type with your four structures stored procedures. In your mapping Map by first stored proc to first strcture..... Last to Last.

I hope you will understand what i mean.

please reply back if any concerns.

Thank you.
sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

I have 4 different structures for each table and each call the individual stored procedure. In the configuration I have one interface determination and 4 mappings.

Thanks,

Teresa

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select Maintain order run time in Interface determination it works definetly.

One more

use BPM  and use wait step 1 mnt before sedning data to JDBC.

Regards,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you need to sequence SP plus if any of the previous SP fails and if you have to stop executing the next SP until the previous one gets fixed then sure you might have to think about using BPM with exception handler. Otherwise Raja's first option maintain order runtime in ID would help.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja already pointed out all the possible options. If you think you need some clarity on the sequence of stored procedures to be executed, you can create 4 different interfaces for each and trigger the sender system as per your need.  This way you trigger the sender system like webservice or file adapter or so.. If you schedule receiver adapter as Raja pointed out, the message will be in the waiting state for sometime.